Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen pics of people that have switched them, is it just as easy as unscrewing a few bolts?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Originally posted by SS&R6:
I have seen pics of people that have switched them, is it just as easy as unscrewing a few bolts?
The opening for the AC is smaller than the opening for the Radio, so you either have to custom fabricate a new plate OR buy a smaller radio and make/buy an adapter to go around the a/c control to account for the extra space.

The only reason to move them is if you have a DVD deck, and you want to have it at the top (like me).

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Paul Heeringa:
The only reason to move them is if you have a DVD deck, and you want to have it at the top (like me).
I dunno, it seems to me that with the deck at the top, you don't have to move your eyes as much off the road to mess with it. Put the HVAC down lower cause it doesn't get changed as much. I want to do it for that reason.. but if I ever get to do what I want, I'll have the radio in the HVAC location and a screen where the radio was, then the HVAC in a custom center console. Probably never happen.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, I agree Andrew - there may be another practical reason. I just think that, without the DVD deck, it looks, I dunno -weird.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Paul!

Do you still have the Name of the place that did the Radio A/C switch?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by RhinoSS:
Hey Paul!

Do you still have the Name of the place that did the Radio A/C switch?
It's in Wisconsin (my pods manufacturer). Email me off forum, and I will tell you his number. He will be out of town for a week though.

The switch is fairly simple - just need to fab a new dash piece really and abandon the old one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts