Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1993 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this front armrest/console/seatback in my RMW.

How do I take it apart? I don't want to remove it, I want to get into it without breaking any of it. Specifically I'd like to open up the cupholder/change holder (so I can modify it) and pull out the insert in the main compartment (so I can run some wires under it).

I could conceivably not worry about the the cupholder part, but I'd really like to get the main compartment out at the very least.

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
Removing the interior of the armrest is virtually impossible without breaking some part of it. The plastic is brittle, and the parts interlock mercilessly. I have never been able to get one apart, and I can usually take anything apart. You might try going to a shop that does interiors. They may have a technique to get them apart for recovering.

·
Premium Member
1993 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ugh... that's more effort than I'm willing to put into it. I'm glad someone tried and failed before me 🤣 Maybe I'll just drill a couple of discrete holes, instead

·
Registered
418 Posts
GM's diagram doesn't help:
I wanted to wire a couple of lighter plugs/USB chargers in my FWB armrest, but didn't get anywhere because of the construction.

Reactions: GoremanX
1 - 4 of 4 Posts