Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been quite a while since I've lowered a car , I'm looking to dropp my 95 SS . I would like imput on how far two dropp my Impala and what type of springs I need if a heavier duty spring etc. And any pics would be cool also thanks .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DO NOT go with ST i had a bad experance with them and they are not progressive. I bought the H&R springs from TireRack.com and they look like good springs(cant instal them till i get my car back from the bodyshop :( ) My friend has the Intax in a 94 impala and it rides awesome.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
weeellll G Man and Hoosker and myself all run ST springs and I would not trade them for love or money (well maybe some lovin :D )I will let the others speak for themselves but I will never go to another spring on my SS

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didnt meen to diss the ST springs, they are not bad springs, but i would not recomend them for city driving, expecaly in chicago. If you are intrested i will sell them to you. Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am interested, how much? I am in Illinois, I will pick up, no shipping...
Please reply. I have a brand new set for my project, but I have a daily driver I'd like to drop as well. Thanks in advance!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I paid 100 for them so make me an offer. I bought them used and used them for about 2K miles. They are still in my car at the body shop, when they instal my new frame they are gonna chane the springs for me, and i will have them as soon as they are out of the car. Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dave,
When you get them out of the car, email me at [email protected]. My offer is $70. If this is sufficient, like I said, email me and we can setup a pickup so I can pickup the set!?! LOL. You can let me know about the offer here or privately, whichever is fine. Thanks for your time Dave, I appreciate it.

:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will let you know it has ben over 3 weeks ant the body shop has not touched my car yet so i will let you know Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i'd like to drop the front end 1.5-2.0 but leave the back the same (driveway).
does anybody sell front springs only?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
JC Whitney sells Suspension Tecniques 2" drop springs in sets of two for about $80.00. I don't know if they're listed on the web site but they are in the catalog.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The ST springs are there and the price link goes right to the JC Whitney page about them. Same with the DJM and Eibach springs.
If you know of any other aftermarket springs I should add let me know.
Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mike, you need to add Hotchkis springs. I just got mine yesterday, probably get them installed next week sometime. Pics will be close behind.

Jaosn

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I got my springs from Jason at Street Trends, they are made by Sprint and they ride great! The drop is 2" up Front and 3" in back which gets rid of the rake. One other thing you should cut your bump stops up front or install low-profile ones, I did the low-pros makes a hell of a difference, rode on stockers for a couple of months and it it hards sometimes not its smooth as ever

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.