Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 132,000 miles on my wagon and a wife that can't walk,she's 77. Is there any thing else that should be replaced too ? Oldhead

·
Registered
8,456 Posts
if the opti is original and still "working"....just replace the cap & rotor with a quality one

Any Opti available today is VERY hit & miss...with the larger % being a miss

This cap & rotor has brass terminals, IMHO better like the stock AC delco ones

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=43030&cc=1049701&jsn=453

There is also a ebay guy who rebuilds "original" AC Delco opti you send him and installs a MSD C&R and bench tests the opti. Good reviews and I know a guy who got one after 2 "new" china crap ones and it still works

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
Beg to differ, though it IS important to check the seal/bearing feel for excess bind or slop, and for even the slightest hint of leaking weep hole. But, a WP is not considered a periodic maint. replacement part, and especially not with just that many miles. And install a new spline drive shaft seal of course.

For the OP, plugs and wires ARE maint. items, both in terms of your miles AND compounded by the advancing age of your car. NO better time to tackle those too while everything is opened up.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I replaced water pump,plugs and wires in the last 6 months THANKS FOR YOUR HELP,some of you are realy on the ball (Joke ?) Oldhead

1 - 6 of 6 Posts