Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many 1/4 mile runs can I expect to get out of a 10 LB bottle, running a 100 HP shot? Just curious. Thanks. Jeff

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
5, maybe 6. Then you'll be 1/2 full. It seems that 1/2 full bottles make the engine run rich down near the end of the run I think because the pressure drops in the bottle at the end of the run.
I just guess 5 or 6 gauged on the 4 runs I get on a 150hp shot.
Karl

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone have any experience with that bottle warmer (can't think of who makes it at the moment) that uses pressure to heat it instead of just a off/on switch? Would you be able to get a couple more runs out of a bottle if that heater could keep the pressure up to normal?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those 4-6 runs are with a heated bottle, using a pressure switch... The lower the pressure, the HOTTER the heater will make the bottle to try and maintain the pressure.

My last trip out I got 4 good runs, then ran out on a 5th slower run, and this was on a 150 shot. Figure 1 lb for every 10 seconds with a 100 shot. My Quickest pass was on my 3rd run. 12.2x, 12.2x, 12.00, 12.2x, 12.8x

So I'm using 1.5lbs in the fist 10 seconds of my 12 second run. So I figure 1.9 lbs a run for my car on the 150 shot.

Also, you usually NEVER get a whole 10lbs into a 10lb bottle... unless you had the bottle in a ice chest when you brought it to the refill station.. A cooler bottle will suck up the N20 better when you fill it.

My 15 lb bottle recently only took in 13.2 lbs. when it equalized on the pump station.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by LavaSurfer:
Anyone have any experience with that bottle warmer (can't think of who makes it at the moment) that uses pressure to heat it instead of just a off/on switch? Would you be able to get a couple more runs out of a bottle if that heater could keep the pressure up to normal?
I think this is the one you're talking about:
http://www.speedshop.org/store/scripts/prodlist.asp?idcategory=15

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.