Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im working on getting my headers in still and I'm wondering how far I need to go with the BFH. They're of an unknown brand but almost identical to the Summit Longtubes. On the drivers side they are about 3/16ths from the LCA Bracket. On the Pass side one primary is against the fram but I'm going to bend it or dent it to get it to clear. Another primary is almost touching the front right brakeline. I can bend that to give a quarter inch or so. Will that be enough to allow movement of the engine?

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Matt, figure a 1/4" to 1/2" should be good to start with. The rest will clearance itself if it needs to. ;)

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's where Im at: The drivers side has almost a quarter inch. I can dent it a little more if I have to but I think I'll see what happens. The passenger side has way less. Like an eighth of an inch. I've already hammered on it pretty good and I'd prefer not to keep going. An engine will torque over counterclockwise if you're looking at it from the front so the passenger side should get farther away from the frame right? I'm I justifying my laziness or does that make sense? And how about that brakeline? Its not touching but its not too far away...like a quarter inch. Do I need to worry about it picking up a lot of heat?

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Like I said, if the header interferes with the frame anywhere, it'll "clearance" itself. Get what clearances you can, but don't kill yourself over it. :)

I'd bend the brake lines as far away from the header as you are comfortable doing without worrying about breaking or bending it. I have less than a 1/2" on mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.