Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like the title says i would like to know about how much does it cost to get the setup and with labor? like an estimate and what has to be done. i plan on getting a 9c1 and going all out on it. bags moonroof etc. etc.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
between 1500 to 2 G's. Probably up to another G depending on who instals it

·
Registered
35 Posts
That sounds about right.. but i'd try and save as much cash as possible, piece together your own kit and whatever you cant buy (which shouldnt be much if anything) let the shop do.. that way you know exactly what parts there using and how much they costs.. I've built several truck and saved alot when goin this route as far as parts costs but i also fab myself...

But i will say each shop will have different costs for stuff so get multiple quotes for same setup at different shops. As far as work, well that all depends what you want done and what setup.. Need to be lil more specific. Do you want to lay frame on 20's or bigger? smaller wheels and no notch and no cutting of inner fenders? what type of air managment you prefer, air or air/nitro? etc etc....

·
Registered
218 Posts
I was just quoted $6500 here in Maui and thats with out them even looking at how much parts cost. Yes I still am not bagged. But I have wanted to bag an Impala for years. I was quoted $2500 when I was in WA, but that was a while ago.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I'll tell you guys.......... bag it yourself!

When I first started getting into air ride I was overwelmed by the prices and there was no way I could spend the quoted amounts they were stating.

I installed everything myself and had never done it before. The ONLY part I had to have done was the welding of the rear plates onto the axles for the bag mounts. He charged me $25.00 to do that. Everything else I did myself.

Pretty simple to be honest. Get everything together and with basic tools you can do it in a weekend. I have done 3 of them now and enjoy it everytime.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i think the biggest id go was 4s and i wouldnt be looking to bag it and it sit too low. i would like for it to sit as if i had sprints on and be able to raise it when needed. out here in ny the driveways and etc are steep especially the messed up unaligned driveway that the car will be parked in. get it?

like this low

somewhere around the drop of these 2 and just be able to raise it when needed. and i guess air would be the type of setup

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I've been wanting to do this for years, but money can always be an issue, especially in these times. Doing it yourself has always appealed to me as the right way to get it done, my way. There's a lot of good advice on here for someone to try this own their own.
But, for some of you guys that have done this before, do you have a recommended list of parts I can purchase seperately when funds permit? I'm looking for an air-bag setup, with two vivtar pumps (maybe 450) w/ (1) 5 gal. tank or larger, no-notch, for nice fender-to-wheel tuck with 15-20" size wheels. Not looking to lay frame, just have the quarter of the wheels to tuck in the fenders.

·
Registered
254 Posts
our cars are very easy to bag if you dont car about laying in the rear. the pics of the ones on 24's would be easy to do. they make bolt in cups for the front and rear so thats not to bad. running the lines is easy, the fronts you can just run through the frame... are the sedan frames boxed like the wagons? ive only done wagons so i could be wrong. the hardest part will be cutting the front spring pocket, for that you can rent a plasma cutter but be very carefull on the driver side cause the fuel line is inside the frame, i just threw a damp towl in there just for a peice of mind, i have bagged two wagons and one i used a torch and the other plasma. i have slam re-7's front and rear and the ride is nice.

wish we still had that huge bag topic that was goin real well before the crash

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Is there anyway to do this where it is all bolt in and completely reversible?
yeap! Smith Chasis makes a bolt on bracket kit for the rear axle. Everything else is bolt on too

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh yeah bolt on would be good also i would like a couple of ideas for drops that low like i posted.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
How do they ride bagged? I've got air ride on my Harley, but I'm able to adjust compression and rebound so the ride is as smooth as silk, even slammed. I'm assuming with these systems you're just adjusting height.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
How do they ride bagged? I've got air ride on my Harley, but I'm able to adjust compression and rebound so the ride is as smooth as silk, even slammed. I'm assuming with these systems you're just adjusting height.
when you first install it and drive you'll notice it will be either to stiff or bouncy. All you do is put the height were you like the ride. I have had 6 guys in my wagon and it rode terrific even at 75mph plus

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
The Smith Chasis is a member here right? I have been slowly piecing together a airbag set and just need the front bags and brackets for the front and rear.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts