Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after all the crap i have gone through, now my wagon is smoking.

How much should I expect to have to pay someone to pull the engine, and basically disassemble/reassemble it. The guy who built it... im not so sure i trust him, so i would rather someone go back through it and make sure everyhitng is correct.

Rough estimate, unplug, pull, go through, reassemble, install...

·
Registered
557 Posts
Sorry to hear bro. If it was assembled by a reputable machine shop, then it should be free. I had to go through the same thing. I pulled motor myself and machine shop warrantied repair.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
It may not be necessary to pull it and disassemble entirely. Get a competent diagnosis, leak down and compression test. If it is in the heads (valves, seals, etc), there is no need to pull engine. More info is needed.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im not getting great oil pressure. there is hardly any under the valve cover. (have not checked with a real oil guage)

guy who did the build was not a "reputable shop"... he is gone.

I am going to take it to a shop and have them do a full test, however I want to know ahead of time if they say "we have to pull the engine so we can change the oil pump and replace some seals" or some crap like that...

I dont want to go into this thinking $100 and then they say $1500.

Had a mobile mechanic come try to diagnose it today, he told me they would have to charge 400 to pull the intake, and 500 to R&R the oil pump... Taking it to another shop after christmas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts