Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, here is the deal. Since I'm currently in Iraq, saving up for a killer motor/trans/rearend/brake/roll cage setup for my car, I have a couple questions about how much you guys think I can spray this thing. Here are the motor specs.

1994 block, .030 over
3.875" stroke Callies Dragonslayer crank
10 degree splayed 4 bolt main caps
Ray's rods
Custom Diamond pistons, 11.5 to 1 compression
custom Comp Cam
AFR 220 heads ported by Madcap Racing
Holley stealth ram intake with AZ speed and marine monoblade TB
2 stage TB plate/Port injection system

All assembled by none other than Kelly Rosato of Ghostwheel Tech fame.

That should be all the big stuff you guys need to know about. This is going to basicly be a max effort N2O motor, with hopefully around 550HP on the motor, and as much as I can push through it on the bottle. How much do you guys think It'll hold? I'm shooting for a mid-low 10's and maybe someday a 9. Don't worry, it'll have the requsite Stage 5 4L65E from chuck at finishline trans (good for about 850HP acording to him), denny's driveshaft, Strange axles, 325/50R15 M/T Drag Radials, and TCE 13" brakes, amongst other goodies.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Too keep it safe while tunning, I would not go over 1/2 of the motor output.
This will keep you safe until you want to play with the big boys.
I would tune by reading the plugs and with a wideband, not by what others are doing. Timing is the killer when running bog shots.
Jet up and do the samething over.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wut kind of kit...thats the MAIN question I have for you..there are several configs on delivering N20 into the intake and even more brands...I run 175 shot on stock bottom, but have lots of saftey device's in place and dual fuel pumps.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"The Cherry Bomb" has seen two stages 200+80 on a stock bottom on top of a good heads and cam setup and managed a 10 second slip. That car was built by and now piloted by men with above average attention to detail which makes a HUGE difference in ET.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm spraying a 250 shot out of the hole. The only problem I've had is valvetrain related so far. My rings are gapped LARGE though. There will be a small 100 shot 2nd stage once I sort things out.

Jason

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What kind of valvetrain issues have you been having? I was planning on using a Jesel shaft setup myself... As far as setup, I'm looking at running a TB plate as the first stage, then port injection for the second. We'll see how she goes.
Probably around 300-350 shot total. I'll have to see how it hooks on just the motor and go from there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Humm...at 300-350 shot? That's alot of nitrous to run thru plate or fogger. When your refering to port injections are you talking about a direct port setup? If you are I would change it to the primary stage. I would never think of putting more then a 200 shot into a LT1 with a direct port setup. The intake is poorly designed and cannot distribute the fuel/nitrous to each cylinder evenly with that much juice. Thats probably why you dont see many LT1 with big number shots they either know better or destroy it. All it takes is for one cylinder to go lean and its over with that kinda spray! Remeber you'll gain the most spraying out of the whole nitrous is measured in HP, buts its the torque that gets you moving, and with our big cars its greatly needed. As far as valvetrain issues I really dont wanna go to indepth but I think I got a bum cam from a vendor, and after 3x sets of lifter (Stock, Comp R, and Crane) the cam finally showed it ugly head and chewed up some lifters. I just put it back together this weekend with a new cam and race designed lifters and AFR hydra-rev kit. Theres alot of people that dont like the hydra-rev kit but, I think its a great saftey measure and would recommend it to anyone.

Jason

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.