Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched the forum and have not come across any estimates on costs...How much would it cost to notch the frame to fit larger tires? Any help would be great...FYi I'm located in Los Angeles.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
I am glad there were no search results and the forum members have more common sense than you. This is a dumb idea.

·
Registered
976 Posts
fitment

well brotha it all depends on the tiresize,rim you will be using and back space you should be able to fit a decent size tire under there,next question what kind of power you running that you think you may need bigger meats i had a malibu with a 29x12.50 ran 9:20in the qtr lmk interested in what you have no specs just cubes

·
Registered
914 Posts
really depend on area i had my regal done for 300 but i have heard people up and over a grand depending on if mini tubing is required.

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
I am glad there were no search results and the forum members have more common sense than you. This is a dumb idea.
I should leave things alone, I know, but I have to ask "Why?". This isn't exactly an uncommon alteration. I am contemplating it myself, for next spring. Though if it's done I'll do it myself, plasma is my friend.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ya 20x12 is the size of the wheel i'm looking to stuff in the rear. I should be more detailed in my questions and or responses. I've always loved the super wide wheels in the rear of almost any muscle car and cutting into the frame should be a cheaper alternative to get that look.

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Constructive? He asked a price and thats what i gave him. He is in Cali unless he knows a good fab man or chassis it will prob cost him more. Im thinking of doing this to mine in the future to fit a 22x 12 and leave it lowered. One thing that will vary the price is how they mini tub. My chassis man uses a 2 inch insert. Basically he cuts it at the seam and just widens the tub and welds it back in much cheaper than installing a new tub. My price may be biased as i help him work on my car to save money.

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Constructive? He asked a price and thats what i gave him. He is in Cali unless he knows a good fab man or chassis it will prob cost him more. Im thinking of doing this to mine in the future to fit a 22x 12 and leave it lowered. One thing that will vary the price is how they mini tub. My chassis man uses a 2 inch insert. Basically he cuts it at the seam and just widens the tub and welds it back in much cheaper than installing a new tub. My price may be biased as i help him work on my car to save money.
Didn't mean anything by it, I guess that I mis read his post, for some reason I had it stuck in my mind he asked how much as far as width, so my fault, revised my previous statement

1 - 20 of 22 Posts