Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

· Registered
197 Posts

· Registered
1,049 Posts
i'm talking about the ss wheels. it rubs alot when i put ppl in my car with those rear adapters on but only on the rear right side.

as for the 24's not really much rub since i dont use spacers for them. only a little rub on high hills and holes with ppl in my car.

· Premium Member
5,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Here's a few examples of members using adapters to make something fit that otherwise wouldn't:

You might know this guy. He's a pretty big deal around here:

Staggered Axis wheels that were NEVER intended for a b-body. And they look like they should have been built that way.

And even though he doesn't want them anymore:

His is a little different in that He's running a thicker adapter on the rear to minimize the fender gap.

Now someone go find a pic of Black Krptonite.

· Premium Member
5,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Here's a new one:

ls1caprice said:
Theres a set of wheels I'm interested in but Im going to need adapters because their bolt pattern is 5x112, 20x8.5 front with a 2" lip and 25mm offset, and the rears are 20x11 with a 5" lip and 35mm offset. Do you think these will stick out past the fenders on an Impala?
Given that the thinnest adapter you can safely run is 1 inch thick, whick converts to 25.4 mm, That would bring your front offset down to -.04, which close, but acceptable.
On the rear using the same adapter puts your rear at +9 which should be ok, but when you run an 11" wide wheel, the fit very tight. You may have to play with the rear specs a bit.

Center your frame!!

But yes, you can do this.

· Registered
1,369 Posts
Does anyone have pix of 1" wheel adapters on a 9C1 running stock SS wheels? I imagine that I can roll the lip if needed.

· Premium Member
5,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Does anyone have pix of 1" wheel adapters on a 9C1 running stock SS wheels? I imagine that I can roll the lip if needed.
You won't need to roll the fenders.

· Registered
1,369 Posts

· Premium Member
5,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I'm just wondering If it'll look stupid with the wheels being pushed too far out. But hey, I'm sure it'll look better than the pushed in look it has now
Won't look stupid. It would just look like a stock ss rear. Even the 1.25 adapters work well and look fine.

Baby-d, post a pic!!!!!

· Registered
1,049 Posts

Thats the only pic that I have 1 1/4 spacer.

I erased the rest of them when I got my 18"Boyds.I still can do the side shot before and after the spacer was put on bc I have the SS wheel spare.

It will show the Big ASS difference with no gap and it looks meaner from the side and front view on Hotchiks springs.

But this is the only crappy pic I have. It looks a little staggered from this cell pic as you see the front wheel tucked in way more and the rear tucked out more from the fenders .

· Registered
1,369 Posts
Looks pretty good! How much?

· Registered
444 Posts
FIREWOOD I need help , I just purchased a clean set of Savini AVARUS rims they were made for a BMW 650 and I'm looking for the correct adapters and the rear wheels are 22 x 10.5 and it seems to have a +25 offset Well thats printed inside rim . They were running tires of 245x30x22 and 295x25x22 . Can you help me understand what i need to get these to fit on my 1995 Caprice civil 4.3 ride ??? i just got lost in all the thread info and I'm a dummy when it comes to this

· Premium Member
5,630 Posts
Of course Wood is correct. I don't think that you can run adapters for them, as they would be too thin. With +25 Offset on a 10.5 inch rim you are looking at 6.8 inches of backspacing. Being that you have a Civi L99 Caprice, in most regards I would think that you have a 7.6 rear which is going to be the same width as an Impala SS rearened. 1598MM, so you are going to have to use the relative specifications that have been presented on here for backspacing/offsets to use for an Impala SS

With all the wheels that are posted in here How to Fit Big Wheels It looks like around +15MM Offset is what you are going to want to end up with.

So you have 25MM right now, to get it to 15MM you need a 10MM spacer, get it :) This would take the rim to 6.4 inches of backspacing.

Also 10MM spacer is .393 inches, hence why Wood stated that you are probably going to need a spacer, but you are going to have to get them redrilled for the correct lug pattern/bolt circle. Hope this helps.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.