Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

How to clean IAc and Coil connectors?

941 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  EvilCaprice 
#1 ·
I want to know how to clean the IAc if a lot of build up is around it? The coil itself has a lot of stuff around i and I want to know how to clean the connectors and coil itself as well?

I do not know what to use to clean either and I am about to change the coil as well.

Thanks again.

#2 ·
if no one knows a way to clean any of the things I listed should I just replace the connectors and IAC?

45 views and no response? I have seen people mentioning things about cleaning the IAC or coil connectors but I would like to know what is really safe to use to do that before I spray it wd-40 or something like that.

#3 ·
A good electrical contact cleaner like Caig Labs DeOxit. WD40 is not made for that. Physically cleaning first with a toothbrush, etc. never hurt either.

#4 ·
For the IAC just remove and spray with some TB cleaner. Spray the housing as well. Toothbrush works well. Try not to move the pin needle when cleaning. It is adjustable, should be set at 1 1/8th inches from the base. Put a light coat of oil on the the red o-ring when installing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.