Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First of all, thank an unnamed forum member for this link, and his explanation of how they work.
First of all, the wheel:
http://www.usarim.com/bmw-wheels-sku-101-22-inch-black-rims-p-1055.html

They have a few other styles available, too.

They do not make any direct fitments. You will have to redrill the wheels or run adapters.

DO NOT CALL THEM UNTIL YOU UNDERSTAND HOW THEY WORK.

These guys are fanatical about the wheels they sell going EXCLUSIVELY on the vehicle they are made for. You will need to be prepared when you call them the info you need depends on if you want to redrill or use adapters.

Redrill: If this is the route you choose, go on Ebay or any other vehicle classified service and locate a late model 2003 or up BMW 7 series. You will need to know the year, model and VIN NUMBER of this BMW to place your order, because they want to be sure you really own this car. And for the purpose of ordering, you do!
EDIT: Save yourself a headache and order from Amazon. See post #20

Oh, and why a 7 series BMW? Because they use the same offsets we do, and its easy to redrill 5x120 to 5x127. You'll need to open the centerbore, too.

Adapters: EDIT! Nevermind, that won't work because they aren't CURRENTLY offering them
or MB's.

So I hear some of you saying, man, that's a lot of work. OK, then keep your lazy as on the couch and run some me too wheels like everyone else. But if you don't mind putting in some work and sharpening your acting skills, you can get a goood deal.

These are not closeouts, either. that's the every day price, for now.

And remember, you never saw this here. They probably wouldn't care much for this thread. Fk em.:D

·
Registered
831 Posts
Comes up for me.. Its a blk mesh wheel, comes in chrome too. And good price too. Gonna have to watch this site to see if they get some of those 5 spoke style they have in the 19" & 20" in 22's.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
so you have to have them redrilled after you get them since you're convincing them that you have a bmw and thus wouldnt need anything done to them, correct?

seems like they'd end up costing way more than a grand...id put $100 that theres no place that redrills rims within 150 miles of where i live...id have to go to chicago at the very least..

·
Premium Member
10,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its not a deal for everyone. If you've been to the redrill or adapter thread, you know how to make it work.

But hey, maybe there's somewhere you can get staggered 22's for less than what you'd have in these. 22x9.5's and 22x10.5's...

Nope. There isn't. Do work, get benefits.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
i thought it was a bad idea to get wheels redrilled that had no center cap?? cuz these def dont. a company would still redrilled them without a center cap to cover it????

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
site is down

·
Premium Member
10,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i thought it was a bad idea to get wheels redrilled that had no center cap?? cuz these def dont. a company would still redrilled them without a center cap to cover it????
How soon we forget.

Exposed lug wheels most certainly can be redrilled.

I take months to create a comprehensive redrill thread and no one reads it? I am hurt.:(

Not really.

This IS a redrilled exposed lug BMW wheel, owned by a forum member:

I posted the link to the redrill thread in the first post. Read it, and everything will make sense.

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
so you have to have them redrilled after you get them since you're convincing them that you have a bmw and thus wouldnt need anything done to them, correct?

seems like they'd end up costing way more than a grand...id put $100 that theres no place that redrills rims within 150 miles of where i live...id have to go to chicago at the very least..
then get an adaptor and correct the offset at the same time.

·
Premium Member
10,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 59 Posts