Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, hello everyone im new to this forum so excuse me if im wrong for asking this. I just bout a black 95 impala ss with 26,591 miles for $15,000 (pics coming soon) and im in love with it! My question is can someone who knows about engines please give me a 'complete' detailed list or website with a kit of 'everything' i need to do a 383 stroker to my lt1. I dont not know sh*t about engines at all and when i go to jegs or summitracing.com i get confused when i see camshats and intakes etc.. That is why im asking you guys who know or have done already done this. My goal is to get 350rwhp and i dont car about the price, i just want it to be a 383 stroker not a supercharger and i would like to keep my original block if i can. Thank you for your help and again im sorry if this is already posted or in the wrong forum.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
A) Welcome to the forum - you are in the right place. We are the conservator's of the last of the full-size. full-frame American muscle cars, and GOD WE LOVE THEM!

B) Please add your 'location' to your profile (someone in your area may be willing to help you and save all of us a lot of typing).

C) Learn to use the 'search' feature in the blue bar at the top of these posts.

D) +1 on what DSSTRBD posted, that's a good startng place.

E) YOU need to decide what YOU want to do with the car - daily, auto-cross, street, 1/4 miler, top-end, show-n-shine or whatever (thankfully, these cars can to a LOT of this stuff very well all at the same time - but if you want to go to the 'extreme' in any one area you will need to sacrifice something in some other areas)

F) Download and read Qalo's SS Handbook, it's a good place to start understanding the car.(http://www.impalaclub.com/naisso/ss_handbook.pdf)

G) You don't need to go to a 383 stroker to make 350 RWHP (unless you just 'want' a 383 stroker).

H) IMHO: Don't go heavily modding a '95 with 26K miles on it. Commit to keeping it bone stock and make a garage queen out of it. If you want to mod something, buy the '95 SS 'project car' (needs some work, but it's all there) out of my driveway for $3500 and mod the crap out of that! ( http://s368.photobucket.com/albums/oo124/TheFooserGuy/95 SS For Sale/)

H) Remember to take it a little easy on some of us that have been here for a long time and have answered your same basic question to a lot of people. There is a LOT of automotive knowledge on this forum (B-Body's and otherwise), but we can get weary of repeating it. We like ot help, but you need to do some work/reading/research too.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
Talk about saving someone all the typing. Thanks Fooser-. But, the first thing I thought of with a 15 year old Chevy with even that few miles is all the maint. items that need attending that would otherwise be overlooked due to the low mileage. Mr. -Flint if you want to keep a numbers-correct rig I agree you can likely get the extra kick you want with just a lot of bolt-ons. Nice score, and welcome.
BTW, we have only 2 Commandments on the forum. 1. Search first. 2. Don't go into Misk.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
you're going about this the wrong way. with the way you describe your level of knowledge you need to be talking to a local engine builder not us. especially since you said cost was not an issue.

fooser is right, you don't need a 383 stoker to make 350 RWHP.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts