Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put some screens in my visors and I was wondering how I would hook up a PS2 or DVD player. If I use the PS2 will I have to get a deck with an input? Any help would be awesome.
Thanks

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If you want to do the PS2, you need a power inverter.You can get em from anywhere, walmart, etc. Get a dual plug inverter though. You can get the kind that plugs in to the cigarette lighter, OR you can hardwire it in to one of the ignition wires under the steering column. Once you have the inverter in there, its simple, just run your rcas to the right places and your done. Where are you going to mount the Ps2?

If you dont want to use the ps2 I suggest buyin a mobile (12 volt) dvd player. They are pretty cheap these days, you can get em on ebay forl ike $150 or less. You can actually tap into the power behind the radio for this, they dont pull much current. Hope this helps a lil

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thorpedo:
I want to put some screens in my visors and I was wondering how I would hook up a PS2 or DVD player. If I use the PS2 will I have to get a deck with an input? Any help would be awesome.
Thanks
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You don't have to buy a new deck, you could use an FM Modulator. It just plugs into the antenna lead, has power on a switch, and ground. You plug the audio outputs of the PS2 or whatever device into the inputs on the FM Mod, tune to a radio frequency(usually 88.1, 88.7, something in that area), and you are done. Turn on the switch to hear it, and turn it off to listen to the headunit.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your help guys! I was thinking of squeezing it into the glove box, or making a custom console extension for it. I'm not sure right now, when I actually get around to doing it I'll figure it out. I was gonna just put in a DVD player, but the PS2 is pretty much the same price($250 can. brand new) and you can play games on it.
Thanks

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
damn that chic is hot :eek:
i just picked up a PS2 for my car a circuit city for $179 with a free remote, prices are going down on em'

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
least im not the only one who knew who it was endangered hahaha.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm going to stuff my PS2 behind the armrest in the back seat in a custom box. I will post some pics when I'm done. Plans are (for right now) two power coustic 5.6 screens in the headrests, clarion wireless headphones, and a PS2. I already have a deck with an AUX hook up, so I'm set there. The only thing left to purchase is the PS2. I won't have pics for about four months, I'm heading to Iraq for a while, so until then......

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a ps2 and a convertor for sale for $100. I made a switch so you don't have to turn the back of the ps2 on and off. Just hit the switch. Let me know

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey is the ps2 still available??? very interseted, very interested, thanks will drive to palmdale to buy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts