Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
They bolt right in. Wiring is another issue.

Does this 9c1 have power seats?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No power I have the tan bonnies in there now dnt have the time to do the fab. Work for the bac seats so I'm just goin to put the roadmaster seats in there but the front seats r power tho!!!

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
AS said above if the power seats are in your car already for the fronts, they bolt right in, connectors are the same. easy to do. I just did this on a 96 B4U that I put a T56 in. I would guess from your post that you don't have power seats though so you will need a harness from a caprice or an Imp and the door panel controls as well.

and the back

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
You can but for ease of installation you will need the controls from a 93 or prior Roady as they would match the ones that need to go in your car right now. The roadmaster window/seat switch assembly is very different and you could make it work but you would need the plugs for the door panel switches to make the harness work, alot of splicing that I am assuming that you don't want to do.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok i have a 94 caprice 9c1 and at my job it is a 96 Roadmaster there. im taking the seats and i need the harness and the controls from the door panel right????

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
The control from the 96 roadmaster will not fit in the 94 caprice door panel. You need seat controls from a 91-93 roadmaster, 91-92 custom cruiser or 91-96 caprice.

94-96 roadmaster door panel

91-96 caprice door panel with power seats

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I have the caprice power seat switches if you are interested in buying them please send me a PM.

·
Registered
194 Posts
91-96 caprice door panel with power seats

sorry to threadjack, but I really like the placement of those accy switches in the map pocket there ... what all do they all do? Ejector seat? Smoke Screen?

·
Registered
86 Posts
sorry to threadjack, but I really like the placement of those accy switches in the map pocket there ... what all do they all do? Ejector seat? Smoke Screen?
I was wondering that too! haha

Also were did you get that woodgrain for your window switches? That would look tight in my 93 RMS

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
lol, oil slick and headlight mounted rockets.

I was wondering that too! haha

Also were did you get that woodgrain for your window switches? That would look tight in my 93 RMS
Woodgrain came on all most all the caprices.

·
Registered
34 Posts
wire roadmaster seats for caprice

ok i have a 94 caprice 9c1 and at my job it is a 96 Roadmaster there. im taking the seats and i need the harness and the controls from the door panel right????
The seat controls are the same chevy and buick, orange is + 12 volt full time, black ground, the other 6 wires all the colors match up, just match to color wire from the control to the seat , the optional buick seats have the "split rail" some have lumbar support powered by an air pump under the passenger seat, the seat bottom moves and tilts without moving the back rest, the back rest has power recline, these seats are standard on Fleetwood. A factory service manuel 600 pages is always helpful.

·
Registered
210 Posts
That Caprice door panel looks like it belongs to Jerry (GoldSSWagon)
Yes, ejector seat, smoke screen, rockets and machine guns...LOL...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts