Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you know how to make a 1993-1996 wheel well (Open) on a 1991 caprice?
:eek: :D

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
if u went out to a junkyard and found the rear panels off a '93 wouldnt they be able to fit right on with some welding at the piller?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you need to look at the POORMANSS website...he did an incedible job, it isnt exactly like just cutting a round shape..metal has to be added etc, if you find the site..youll see what i mean, its around here somewere..

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was going to get a set of 93+ trim and use that as a template but I decided not to. I also was going to make the provisions for them to be bolted on but decided that the without them (smooth) would look trick. I made my own template, made the opening distance from the center of the axle to the well a bit smaller than stock, this give a lower look out back, and I can still have rake in the car without the tires outside the wells
The link is below. I have a drawing and many pics. Have fun, try not to laugh. Gosh, I gotta get some new pics too. The body is all done with the wetsanding and buffing, most all the trim is back on except the chrome around the front glass! Everything else is in. Waiting till spring for mounting of the rimSS. Also, might have a deal hooked up on a set of those wheels Super10 has on his car!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another note, if you got the idea that changing the quarter out is the best way to go, think again. It is much easier to back half the car, i.e. replace the rear clip, than just doing the quarters. Especially if you can find a clip for cheap. There was one on EBAY off a 96 SS that sold for $75

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
$75 for an SS rear clip?? :eek: You sure you're not missing any zeroes there? What exactly is the rear clip... the body behind the front clip, or everything from the C-pillars back? If it's that cheap, I could theoretically convert my ROADMASTER into an SS! It's usually a Caprice to an SS the last time I checked :D. Great job on those rear wheelwells... I've been trying to think of a way to open up my Roadmaster's wheelwells. You just inspired me!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The clip sold on Ebay with a buy it now of $200 bucks. The first bid was $50. It got 4 bids and sold for $75 !!!!! No zeros. This clip was cut about 6 inches into the roof from the rear glass and straight down from that to the floor. The clip included the door jamb too. No glass though.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
75$ cuz youd have to pay like 5 times that to get that sucker shipped to your house!! haha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts