Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello
i have a 96 caprice wagon, want to remove my pcm, air box is off, what do i squeeze or pull? i dont want to break anything, and ive searched, but found no luck
thanks
dan

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Take the red clips off, they should slide right off.

Then pull the plug straight out with firm pressure.

The plugs are color coded to the spots on the PCM, so it's basically idiot proof putting it back together. Good luck!

(Did you do a PCM reflash?) :D

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Take the red clips off, they should slide right off.

Then pull the plug straight out with firm pressure.

The plugs are color coded to the spots on the PCM, so it's basically idiot proof putting it back together. Good luck!

(Did you do a PCM reflash?) :D
After you remove the red clips there are tabs that need to be lifted on the gray plugs , the pulling on the plug ' not the wire, remove the plug.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
+1 plugs are designed to be pulled, wires are not.

Same goes for hedge trimmers, and TV's!

·
Registered
887 Posts
Another guy just asked the same question-

It's been a while for me, but:

I always just disconnected the panel underneath the airbox and took them both out at the same time. That part just has 2 big tabs on the left you push in, and it'll pivot up (like it's hinged on the right side), and then the 3 tabs on the right just slide right out. There are also 1 or 2 nuts or bolts holding it to the wheel well you'll need to remove first.

I'm not really sure about the correct way to disconnect the airbox from that panel underneath it, but it looks like there's a pin inside the plastic nobs that causes it to flare out and lock once in place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts