Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey there,

So my intake is good. No leaks, no more p0174 or p0151. But NOW im getting a p0154 (Bank 2 Sensor 1 No Activity Detected) And YES I have the Bosch O2 but I was trying to follow my FSM to verify that is indeed the culprit. Moneys a bit tight right now and I don't want to spend the $$$ on a new O2 (This one was just installed about a week ago and I have only driven the car about 50 highway miles since. But it WAS running extremely extremely rich when I was driving) until I troubleshoot the circuit, etc.

Here's a link to the pages from the FSM i'm using:

I'm down to Circle 2 on the 2nd link. Are you supposed to run a wire from Circuits 1666 and 1667 on the harness connector to ground, then use your Tech 1 to measure the voltage.

Well I don't have a tech 1 so I am trying to figure out how to run this test. Can I just run a wire from Circuit 1666 to ground, then connect my digital voltmeter from Circuit 1667 on the harness connector to ground, then measure for the voltage there?

If not is there another way I can run this test so I can verify whether or not my O2 is good? If I do need a new O2 I'm definitely gonna buy an AC/Delco. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
Seems like it would be easier to swap it with the one on the other side to see if the problem "moves",or not...Bosch are pretty much junk anyway though. Last time I checked, AC Delco O2's on amazon.com were only $30...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$30 would hurt right now to be honest lol

I could just swap them but I was hoping someone maybe could chime in so I wouldn't have to fight with the other side trying to remove the O2

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
not sure this will help, but i have a bluetooth OBD2 connector i put on the port in the car
and connect to my android tablet. tablet has Torque software on it and i can watch the O2 readings with the car running.

maybe one of your gearhead buds has these tools you can borrow.
Good Luck.
-ALF out...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not sure this will help, but i have a bluetooth OBD2 connector i put on the port in the car
and connect to my android tablet. tablet has Torque software on it and i can watch the O2 readings with the car running.

maybe one of your gearhead buds has these tools you can borrow.
Good Luck.
-ALF out...
Same setup I got :) I use Torque as well but I only use the Code Scanner and Realtime Information modules. You cant set it up to reasd the oscillation waves can you? I tried playing around with the graphing part but didn't quite get it...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ok,

I ran through all the tests.

To run test 2 I took 2 long thin pieces of wire (A piece of Cat 6 would work I think. I used two long circuit board jumper pins) and pushed them into the plugs on the harness side for the purple and the tan wires. I then twisted them together and hooked a alligator clip jumper wire (Has alligator clips on both ends. Bought at Radio Shack) to the twisted together part. The other end of the alligator clip jumper wire got clipped onto the cat.

I then probed the tan wire for voltage and got less than .2 volts I also probed the purple wire and got less than .2 volts. The other end of my probe was on the cat when I was probing. I also had the key on of course.

All signals and advice point to the O2. I'm ordering one tonight. Not sure when it'll get here. I'll post once it gets here.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Same setup I got :) I use Torque as well but I only use the Code Scanner and Realtime Information modules. You cant set it up to reasd the oscillation waves can you? I tried playing around with the graphing part but didn't quite get it...
not sure if you need the pro app, or free version can do graphing ?
but here is a vid of a guy graphing bank 2 O2 sensor 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBLkwrXd_mU

-ALF out...

·
Registered
133 Posts
May be a little late, but I had the same problem, a "no activity" code. Changed the sensor and the problem became intermittent. I'd get a code, then it would go away. Got back under the car and unplugged the sensor, and looked at the connector. Sure enough, all the metal contacts looked dull. Cleaned em up, reconnected everything, and have been code free ever since.

Check you connectors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
$30 would hurt right now
I had to laugh at that - not your situation, but the way you said it... my grandfather was a Cadillac man and my grandmother would always say; "He doesn't have two nickles in his pocket to rub together, but wants to play big-shot driving a Cadillac!" - truth is he had plenty of nickles in the bank, he just never carry any with him! :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
New O2 sensor fixed the problem :)

Of course now I'm getting a p0160 :mad: on the same side. I'm pretty sure it's the O2 though, it's a Bosch. Already ordered a new AC Delco off Amazon, should be here tomorrow

1 - 10 of 10 Posts