Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My friend has a boss flip up and it came with its own "fuse box" that keeps blowing the 10a 250w fuse, and smoke starting coming from the deck also :(...Can you simply just put a bigger fuse or is there a way to upgrade the box?Thx

This is kind of what the box looks like

·
Registered
311 Posts
I wouldnt upgrade the fuse. It's fused at that amperage for a reason. If it keeps blowing, there is something wrong internally. If you put a bigger fuse in it, you run the risk of catching something on fire....

·
Registered
581 Posts
My friend has a boss flip up and it came with its own "fuse box" that keeps blowing the 10a 250w fuse, and smoke starting coming from the deck also
Sounds to me the deck it shot. As once you let the magic smoke out of it electronics no longer work. If its under warranty send it in to be repaired but if its out of warranty it may be cheaper to just replace the whole unit. - Peter

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Yep fuses arent supposed to blow unless its a short, its most likely done if it stops smoking.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah thats what he was told...That sucks he just got it like 1 week ago...It was a chep boss one but still...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts