Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let me put it this way.......people don't call these products Hypercrap for nothin' cwm2 !!!

www.pcmforless.com FTW!

KW
I thought it was kinda of fishy but i was wondering because i saw some guys had wrote on here about some type of police computer chip for and 94-96 lt1

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
I thought it was kinda of fishy but i was wondering because i saw some guys had wrote on here about some type of police computer chip for and 94-96 lt1
u need to search and read sir start with stickies at top of each section
and search is your friend

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
.......because i saw some guys had wrote on here about some type of police computer chip........
When you see that, rest assured that they're bustin' someones balls cwm2 .

[whisper]there's not such thing as a cop chip[/whisper]

KW

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
Hypertech makes good 160 degree stats for our car. That is about it.
And a fuel pressure gauge. Pass on their programming, for any car.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have a Hypertech Programmer and the 160* Stat. No problems and car runs great! I've only played with it twice now and haven't touched/reprogrammed it in months since i like the current settings.

I've never had a custom program from pcmforless or anywhere else. If i didn't already have the Hypertech from the previous owner (my gf's father), then i'd probably go that route instead.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I picked up a Hypercrap for the Impala dirt cheap when I first got the car. It was "Ok", better then stock. Got to reading some info and got a real comp. tune. Night and day difference. Save your money and get a real tune, you will be happy that you did. Just my .02. Good luck - Lance

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
........If i didn't already have the Hypertech from the previous owner (my gf's father), then i'd probably go that route instead.
You should go that route........anyway.

IMHO, of course......

KW

·
Registered
8,636 Posts
http://www.ws6.com/mod-9.htm

"Here, the dyno shows a 10.7 horsepower and 9.7 ft/lbs torque difference between stock programming and with The Turbo Shop's Power Loader II programming. Here the average was up 5.5 horsepower and 9.5 ft/lbs torque. I had removed the Hypertech Power Programmer Plus Programming and returned the fuel pressure regulator to the stock 46 psi setting to have a stock baseline again. Where the Hypertech unit made a good 5.6 hp and 7.0 lb-ft of torque, the Power Loader II bested it by nearly 200%! The programming was the standard programming, not modified for my setup other than to have the fans come on earlier for use with the 160 degree thermostat I had already installed."

"
The TTS program offered more throttle response and better overall performance than the stock programming. I also noticed a slight increase in fuel mileage over both the stock programming and the HPP+ programming."

·
Registered
262 Posts
How much is a tune from a reputable place? And how long does it take?

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
'IIRC $200 for a basic tune."

Come on, $200.00??. Get an ALDL cable and order a tune from Alex at pcmperformance.com.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts