Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Buyout prices always gotta be ridiculous. That's what they are there for.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I would never buy from a dealer. They think any car that has been taken care of is so unusual that they have the only one like it.

Of course people are nuts, most would rather pay the dealer this price but would balk if a private seller wanted 1/2 of that price.

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
So just clicked the ad:

Ended: Nov 06, 2013 12:17:05 PST
Price: US $16,995.00 [ 1 offer ] Declined

I wonder if there was a Buy It Now Price for an even bigger chuckle.

So, if that was not just some bogus straw offer by the seller themself, then I surmise either a Japanese, Chinese or Saudi Arabian (well ok maybe Russians now) would be the only ones offering that much.

I didn't check whether this one has been re-listed, but from past ads like it don't they usually just run a continuous cycle?

·
Registered
7,866 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have built my business off of these cars. You would be surprised what people pay for the car that they have to have. Good luck finding that car in perfect condition for anything less than 12k. Im not saying its impossible but it will take take an awful long to find it for less.... if its perfect. I agree however 17 is steep for that particular car.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
i still have the build sheet for my 75k mile 86 c10. cost $27 for a dome light!!! OUTRAGEOUS.

o and on a side note i was one day shy of tradin my spray painted home built 87 v20 chevy 4x4 for a 96 fleetwood that had of all things a tear in the drivers seat... man that just made it so undesireable haha. all in how ya wheel n deal when its private party.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I only buy from private parties from CA to FL to NY and while the mark up I make is not that high. Private party sales almost always make for a better resale car. Not to mention Fleetwoods and Roadmasters are hard to come by at dealer auctions.

I pay quite a bit for them but its worth it. I make sure they land in the hands of people who truly appreciate them and therefor are preserved. For example the 95 museum quality 18k mile triple black v4p I just bought..... Well lets just say I had to have it and I payed what was necessary... I never thought I'd spend so much on a Fleetwood or any bbody/dbody for that matter (besides a real 66 Biscayne 427 which may or may not even exist any more) but I understand just how rare the Fleetwoods are and that I may never have the chance again. I mean its exactly what I've always wanted (besides not having factory chrome wheels) a triple black 95 or 96 Brougham V4P with the security pack and no sunroof with under 20k miles with only one owner and the window sticker.

Out of the roughly 12k built between 94-96 how many were 95s or 96s? 2/3s would be 8k? Then how many became 6 doors, stretches, hearses, and flower cars? Another 3rd? Leaving what 5-6k? Sedans. Then how many were triple black V4Ps? A few hundred? Maybe? How many had the awesome security pack with the locking license plate? Then how many still have under 20k miles and are from a climate like Southern California? If there is even a handful like it id be surprised as ive been looking for 7.5 years almost every day and have never come across one like it. I'd venture to say this was a once in a lifetime opportunity for a car that probably has no equal. I found the car hours after it went up on the upland California craigslist as I search the whole country almost every day for ones to bring back to MA to sell. The man knew what he had, as part of a large collection, and I paid that premium!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Wow I just re-read that and I really rambled on there didnt I? Haha

·
Registered
946 Posts
Wow I just re-read that and I really rambled on there didnt I? Haha
It was interesting Reading. I got that license plate lock on my car. Is that part of a security package then??

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yes it consisted if the locking plate and an alarm. RPO code V4R I am pretty sure. Take a look on your SPID label on the trunk. I think it was only available as a package and not separately. I also believe it is the only car to ever offer such a feature (the locking plate that is) though it would have been put to much better use during the 70's gas crisis when people were siphoning gas in parking lots and driveways.

On an unrelated note, I am very impressed by your English. Yourself, and JimSS, have a much better understanding of English than most of my friends do stateside!

·
Registered
946 Posts
I can see that code on the label! I don't know anything about an alarm though??

Thanks for the compliment about the language. I guess I will have to thank Hollywood and internet for that☺

1 - 20 of 36 Posts