Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still a little too rich for what I'm willing to commit to right now, but if anyone else is interested I can look into it further for you. It's the greenish colored (DGGM?) RM woody wagon with the LT-1. All paint, wood, and body looked very good. It had the tan cloth interior - but no CD player and is at a wholesaler's lot. They said that they had to put a brand new trans, and both rear windows into it and that they've already been sitting on it for about 3 months - but there's just no market for them. It has 140,000 miles on it. I didn't drive in it but they swear everything's straight. They seemed eager for me to make an offer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Suggest you pop the hood and have them start it. If it makes noise start complaining that the motor sounds bad. Most used LT1's have exhaust leaks at the manifold that sound like bad bearings or lifters. I checked out 5 cars and only one was quiet, it had 60K on it and they wanted $14,999 for it. I passed up the first 3 because of the engine noise, then I figured they all make noise. But I then I found the Forum and got clued into the exhaust leaks and it all clicked. Found a clean car in Delaware for $4500 and drove it home. I really wanted the dual power seats, posi and towing package so the price was OK for 102K miles. Just think you won't need a new tranny for a while, mine is acting up a little at 125K. Make em a crazy offer and see what happens a couple weeks later. Good luck

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wonder why the rear windows needed replacing?? In a wreck? I wouldnt buy one that's wrecked because there are others out therethat are not.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It didn't appear to ever have been wrecked or repainted and the only reason I caught them on the glass issue was that I was checking the spare tire valley for rust and saw the glass down there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup. I just called. It's still there and the guy just told me the price was $3,800 again over the phone. Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.