Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I post updates.
One day just thought to myself, Hmmmm the car has to much stuff on it.

Next is the super low skirting of the rear wheel wells, who knows after that

·
Registered
938 Posts
lol like how u say u got bored and did alot of work... you gunna try and spray it yourself?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I painted it originally in the garage which wasn't the best idea only wearing crappy painters masks and didn't mix it correctly either so it was laying WAY to thick, since then I have been reading up so hopefully it will turn out alot better this time.
I'm trying to figure out how to do fiber glass work, never have done that, kinda want to do my dash and build a rear dash that will house my subs.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Thats cool, yeah fiberglass is some tough shiz... Ya ive always wanted to try spraying my daily driver but I just dont have the guts to do it... keep updating as you do more though...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just put on the etching primer on the work...... ALOT of dimples, well at least I don't drive it that much but WOW I have alot of respect for the auto body industry

·
Registered
285 Posts
Looking good, shave the rear wheel wells!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Looking good, shave the rear wheel wells!
+1!
looks sick shaved.
man... i wish i got as bored as you! i have visions and thoughts but always seem to talk myself outta doin it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Many thanks everyone, I'm going to be picking up those rear fender " flares " or whatever they are, just started going back through everything again and trying to smooth out those dimples and high spots.
Thanks REV for the next idea on the list!
I also started the hunt for a SS or civilian w/ disc rear end to get rid of the snubby 9C1 to clean it up some more!!!! I'll post pics up as soon as I can

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Updates!

Started sanding down the high spots and fixing the dimples, heres some pics

And just completed the trunk key hole thingy

Got a cool little sticker made up, I hate cameras

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The front part of the fender looks wrong. There needs to be a curve that matches the headlight lenses.
You will need to fabricate some metal until you get a piece that fits better.

What are you going to do for front corner reflectors?
I'm actually trying to find a different set of head lights lenses and sinking them back just a touch, I realized that once it was to late and really don't want to start over on that.
As for the front corner reflectors I don't need them in Az, legally all I need is one brake light, and one head light...... Az is great for doing mods, only bad part is that I'm going to be moving to Pittsburgh in March so I have a good feeling i'll be pulled over alot until I figure out everything there.
Headlights and Tail lights are getting smoked to a satin black look.
As for the rain gutter I need to go fill the tank again before I do that

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Building some interior thinks and moving the gas tank to the trunk so I don't have to worry about dragging that ;) subs are getting moved to the rear dash

·
Registered
214 Posts
Um, isn't illegal in your state to remove the side marker lights?

I know it is in mine.
I don't know why people love to do this. I think it looks terrible, but you know what they say about opinions...

Great job on everything else though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.