Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is the trread pattern different from the 730's to 750; i have to buy tires this weekend. or should i go with a different tires
thanks guys

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The tread pattern is slightly different. I would (did) purchase the 730's and 750's. In fact I have a set of each for sell the 750's have less than 1000 miles and the 730's (mounted on the front) have less than 3000 miles. I changed rim sizes which caused me to purchase new tires.

$90 each tire shipping not included.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the 730's, and I was not impressed at all.
short life, poor in cold weather, harsh ride.

It's time for an all season tire.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by the blur:
I have the 730's,....poor in cold weather....
Cold weather :eek: ??? What's that :confused: ???

KW

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The RE730 is not meant to be good in cold weather it had specific goals for high performance and tradeoffs had to be made in other areas like cold weather and a total lack of snow rating. The only common complaint about them was some cupping and noisey on concrete and most that have had both say they trades the 730s best characteristics to improve the annoyances to get the 750. The 750 is nowhere near as popular for these cars as the 730 was part because of the tradeoffs made and part because of increased selection and reduced price of some of the newcommers to this size.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yep, 730's... definately very noisy on cement. useless in snow. next time will be all season tires. this way I won't have to explain to wife why they are skipping on the pavement during the cold months!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
useless on snow because that is not what they are meant for, complaining about that is like me bitching my 215/75/15 cooper weathermasters(snowtires) suck at the track, well duh.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well... way back when I brought the 730's, everybody on the B-body mailing list recommended them, so I went with them.

then later I found out what they were designed for.

No one seemed to mention winter months, or nothern folk. and then I leart people on www are like sheep. Now I thoughly investigate everything before I buy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by the blur:
well... way back when I brought the 730's, everybody on the B-body mailing list recommended them, so I went with them....and then I leart people on www are like sheep....
MMmmmmm......seems you became part of the herd :rolleyes: ....

KW

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.