Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a couple months ago I found a Cadillac tbi bonet from a ht 4100 engine justting around in the storage at my dads shop along with the rubber boot but where can I get a hold down stud for it? and do i have to cut the factory tbi bolts on my lo3 or somthing? planing on using the bonnet and making a home made raiss intake along with swaping to electric fans

·
Registered
383 Posts
The stud is an offset one, I think a TBI truck uses the same one (I could be wrong). The stud goes in the center of the TB, makes a 45 deg turn, goes up to where the center hole of the bonnet is.

Jegs or SUmmit I believe carries this stud now for pretty cheap. Before the forum crash in the TBI section there was a thread with all the details of air intakes on the TBI motor... Doh!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I remember that thread it would come in handy rite now

iI think I have one of those studs from a tbi truck I didnt think my tbi had the whole in the base for it to screw in so I just threw it somwhere I'f I can finde that all I need is pipe and a filter I guess :)

but has anyone ever used late 80"s caddy fans? theres a few big fan/little fan setups in the storage that would come out alot cheaper than buying a set of LT1 fans or some after markets

1 - 3 of 3 Posts