Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have two 12"s, 2 amps, Pioneer AVH-P5900DVD and what I believe is a power box supply with the right cables. My question is.... Is it normal for hearing the speakers pop when I turn the car off without turning off the deck first? I bought the car this way and I no chit about stereos.

·
Registered
663 Posts
hmmm. ive installed system in all my cars and have never had this problem. however, i had a system installed in my girls car professionally (because its new) and they "pop" when the car is turned off.

if you pull your head unit off, how many RCA cables are there hooked up? does the head unit have a set of RCA cables labeled "sub"? i ask because my subs get the signal from the head unit via RCA cables hooked up to the rear of the head unit to the amplifier, no pop.
head unit > rca cable > amp > subs

my girls car, on the other had, used "high level" input which is (i believe) you tap into the regular speaker wires, then hook that to the amp through the high level input, which then the amp takes the low frequency and runs them to the subs.
rear speakers > tapped wires "high level" > amp > subs

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmm. ive installed system in all my cars and have never had this problem. however, i had a system installed in my girls car professionally (because its new) and they "pop" when the car is turned off.

if you pull your head unit off, how many RCA cables are there hooked up? does the head unit have a set of RCA cables labeled "sub"? i ask because my subs get the signal from the head unit via RCA cables hooked up to the rear of the head unit to the amplifier, no pop.
head unit > rca cable > amp > subs

my girls car, on the other had, used "high level" input which is (i believe) you tap into the regular speaker wires, then hook that to the amp through the high level input, which then the amp takes the low frequency and runs them to the subs.
rear speakers > tapped wires "high level" > amp > subs
Right now I have my car garaged at my in-laws. At the end of the week I should pull out the deck and answer ur questions. Thanks for replying, I highly appreciate it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
also what is this power box supply you speak of? is it a capacitor hooked up in the trunk near the sub box? or a power supply for the head unit hooked up near the dash?
Sorry for not responding, been hella busy with my kids and moving into a new house with a garage for the SS.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Gear as in different products. Basically just swap out a different radio and see if the pop goes away...or amplifier. Sometimes its just a compatibility issue with certain products. Ive ran across this 100 different times.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts