Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
I have almost a complete bug engine in the bed of my truck going to the scrap yard...My buddy had a 65 and an 82 or3

·
Registered
419 Posts
There's a nice one around by me with a 350 in the front thing is an animalllllx5

And a guy 2 houses down from me just got a clean yellow bug no idea on the year though

I have always wanted to build a turbo bug with some nice sticky tires....

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I think the little wagon ones (like pictured above) are actually called squarebacks but I'm not sure, I thought about that after I posted it. Either way they are the poop!

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
I think notchbacks were the sedans like the one in the background, been literally decades since I thought about that lol.
the sedans were rare in the US, I had a 66 fastback and the carbs were a beatch to sync.
still have the type 3 service manual tho.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Local friend of mys dads did alot of Ghias. Even did one with a 3.8 buick. He still has it I believe but never could get it to stay cool. Big rad in the front with piping tucked up under it. Need to check on him and learn to post pics.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Notchbacks FTW is right. Around here there is a guy with a 60's bug with a porshe motor in it, its crazy loud and fast. And the other day I saw a 60's roller bug (mo motor/trans) for 200. Good thing the wife missed it, shes been wantin one for a while.

·
Premium Member
15,727 Posts
If that whip's a rockin', I won't come a knockin'.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts