Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good afternoon fellow B-Body's, I brought up the question of will the 07-13 GM steering wheel fit. In short no. But friday was shopping at the yard and found a tan steering wheel in a 08 impala and it closely resembles the color in my wagon. And right down to way was a 91 wagon, so I decided to pull both wheels and try fitting the newer wheel in the wagon, did not fit. But I'm so hard headed and hated my current wheel that I was going to make it work. Long story short I punch the center out the wagon wheel an modified the new wheel to take it as an adapter. Works great and is way lighter than the old wheel. Feels great and I can always go back to the old wheel. The 08 wheel is a little worn but I will soon rewrap it and add the airbag. The best thing is now I have a horn pad now?

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The wheel seats very well to the steering shaft, and the position is the same as the old one. It took about 6 hrs, would have been quicker but the kiddos were driving me crazy. If anyone would like to try this mod please hit me in a PM and I'll try my best to explain. But I will put together a DIY post for the forum in a few days.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,486 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
That qualifies for something new under the sun, and quite the upfit! Can the stock radio take all those paddle controls, or do you have some new one planned?

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
It looks great, but when that bolted-on hub comes shooting through the cut-out steering wheel chassis and through your face - you may regret it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts