Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 92 9c1,i need help on new suspension ,i have really bad "ghetto bounce",
i was wondering if someone could tell me a decent setup of springs and shocks and whatever else i might need for a nice ride as for i am not familiar with suspension.so any help would be appreciated.maybe let me know what u have for a suspension in ur ride.thanks again any help is appreciated.thnx joshua porter.
if u need to know any info to better assese the situation just ask and i will respond quickly for i check the forum quite often.thnx again.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What ride height do you want? How much ride comfort do you want?

Or the generic answer
: Caprice or SS springs, Bilstein 1104/0929 shocks, be done with it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check out Performance Suspension Technologies Great graphite impregnated bushings and rebuild kits cheap! And shocks, But many people say the KYB's they sell are crap so go with some nice Bilstiens.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im lookin for up to a 2 inch drop no more in rear ,and a real nice ride.im not real sure how to classify ride comfort but just not so bouncy,but not so still so ur gut feels it on every bump.are shocks and springs all i need for a new supension for a nice non bouncy ride?what are bushings and rebuild kits gonna do for me,what does the kit contain?once againthanks you.i know i sound dumb but just tryin to learn.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bushings for your suspension will reall tighten up your response to turns and reduce your body roll. Just over all make your car feel lighter and much morte resposive. You have a 92, cop car no less, and it must feel pretty sloppy to you. Check out Performance suspension technologies site online and read what they have to say. Teach you some things about what you might want in performance in your suspension. a few guys like hotchkis, sprint , and others make drop spings and spindles. Also think about getting same control arms for your rear, with provisions for a sway bar. do some reading and your questions will be answered. Have fun!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Given what you described, get SS springs and Bilsteins.

I'll avoid the whole bushing/PST debate for now, except to say that for what you're looking to do here they would not be money well spent

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.