Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 92 caprice classic and I need RED tail light bulbs.. i figured when installing my smoked tail light covers they would be easy to find but to my suprise its harder than i thought... if you know of anywhere online i could get them from that would be great. I already checked autozone and napa and they were no help.. thanks again

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jegs or Summit should carry them..

Or you could pick up a set of LED conversion lights.. They fit right in the stock socket.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i ordered some LED bulbs.. hopefully all will work out. thanks for feedback

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NP.. Hope they work out for ya..

The biggest thing I've seen in the past is when they first came out the head was bigger then a typical bulb so they didn't always fit.. Technology has come a long way though..

The LEDs give off a nice intense, "instant on" light..

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The LED's are non-scatter, so they won't look anywhere near as bright during the day as the normal 1157 bulbs. Another problem is they don't have the current draw of normal bulbs, making the car think you have burnt out bulbs -- thus no flashing lo/hi filament when you signal. New relays will fix that though (do a search to find out which ones will work). I've never had trouble finding red bulbs. Just go to any of the typical ricer type shops, and you'll find more colored bulbs then you'll ever want.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts