Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 9C1 Caprice with 90k on her. For the past few days i have been having low performance and the engine lopes and idles erratically. I found that the elbow connector on the vacuum line is dry out/worn. I want to just remove the EGR system but i don't know what I have to do. Once its removed, do i have to get the computer reprogrammed or what? HEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPP anybody

·
Registered
346 Posts
yes it is supposed to be tuned out, but I haven't had a tune for it yet. I got my block off plates from a fbody vendor.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
The vacuum leak sounds like the source of the problem. Unless you are building a race car, fix the problem and leave the EGR system in place.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the advice. The only problem now is that when I talked to the chevy dealership about replacement parts, they all say that the parts are discontinued for the EGR system. Do you know of a way to manufacture a fitted elbow connector. I tried a straight hoes but it kinks.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Check the shelves at your local parts stores. Advance and Auto Zone around here have lots of elbows and emission hoses.

I may even have one in my garage I can drop in an envelope for you if nothing else.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks. I went to O'reillys and they had a elbow hose that fit. But she is still doing the same thing. I'm not sure what the problem could be other than the egr system. I checked the air filter and its clean. I'm lost now. :confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts