Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man I think my rear gear went out on me I have some 24" staggered rims on my car an be for I make my dission on buying anything I wanna now with guys help what should I do cause I wanna go with 3.73 or 4.10 what u guys think an thanks for the help in advance

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Man I think my rear gear went out on me. I have some 24" staggered rims on my car, and before I make my decision on buying anything, I wanna know with guy's help what I should do cause I wanna go with 3.73 or 4.10. What u guys think, and thanks for the help in advance?

If your rear did indeed go out, and you're going to be back there replacing things, you may as well take the time to replace your Auburn posi unit if it's tired. I'd say with 24" wheels you should go no lower than a 4.10 gear. Stock 3.08's with that car must feel like hell.

-Mike

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If your rear did indeed go out, and you're going to be back there replacing things, you may as well take the time to replace your Auburn posi unit if it's tired. I'd say with 24" wheels you should go no lower than a 4.10 gear. Stock 3.08's with that car must feel like hell.

-Mike
So you say 4.10 right where can buy some good 1 with a good posi I heard eaton was good but I don't where to buy them @

1 - 3 of 3 Posts