Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91 caprice witht he stock 305. I am replacing it with a 95 LT 1 with a super charger...ok i know i have to change the fuel pump, rear end, and the computer setup.. my question is can i get a chip to upgrade my stock computer? or do i have to change the whole thing? and can i set my stock throtle body on the back of the charger or do i have to get an aftermarket TB? and my final question is what else? i know that there a 101 things i CAN do to get a ton of horse power but for now i just want it in the car and operational..i plan to upgrade one part at a time once the motor is in.. Please help if ya can.. I am ready to turn my grocery getter into a GT eater.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think it's a different computer altogether since the LT1 has 8 seperate injectors while the L03 has two. Also, the L03 doesn't have a MAF so it's probably lacking the wiring and chips for it.
If you're getting the LT1 together with the 4L60E tranny you'll need the wiring for that (91 caprices come with the non-electronic 4L60)
I would try to get the computer with the LT1 you are buying.

Also, try reposting this in the Engine Performance section, that forum has a lot of posts about engine swaps.

Keep me posted of your progress please, I have been thinking about doing an LT1 swap myself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts