Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried this In the interior section but I don't think I'm getting the right info.

If anyone has there dash removed, there is a black vacuum line that runs beside the heater core box, its the only vacuum line beside the heatercore box coming out of the firewall in this location, if someone could tell me where this line runs it would be a big help.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My FSM has a diagram showing a black vacuum line from the vacuum source (I assume from the intake manifold through the fire wall?) to a vacuum tank. It also shows a violet vacuum line from the same tank to a vacuum valve which has blue, red, tan, orange and grey lines going to three actuators. Another illistration shows a vacuum tank roughly centered on the top of the air distribution assembly which includes these actuators, the blower motor and air valves.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes on top of the airbox. there is a spot for the orange wire to go into a little plastic circular piece. but I see no where for the black line to go, does it go into the same unit above the airbox. because there are no holes to insert it into.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok it took me two times to read your post to get it, thanks. I believe thats around the hvac controls or directly in front of the heater core box. im going to check it out tommorow after work. more suggestions are welcome in the meantime

·
Registered
540 Posts
I have the glove box and evaporator out at the moment so I had a quick look. The black line runs along with the purple to the top of the heater box. FSM shows both connected to a vacuum tank. I think the upper dash pad needs to come out to actually access it, I certainly can't with just the glove box out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts