Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to lower the wagon and want to go 2-3, but i need to see some pics to be sure its not to low. im running 20s in the rear and 18s in the front. any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys, i realy want to do bags but this is my daily and i cant risk getting stranded because of mechanical problems, those look nice and low. the 20s in the rear should tuck real nice.

·
Premium Member
2,327 Posts
thanks guys, i realy want to do bags but this is my daily and i cant risk getting stranded because of mechanical problems, those look nice and low. the 20s in the rear should tuck real nice.
Just don't lay frame with bags and you should be good to go. I bagged mine 3 years ago and never had a problem.

·
Registered
333 Posts
What springs u guys running, i have Intrax, which is good for 2" and my car doesn't look that low, low but not that low. I had sag in the rear after a bit, installed AirLift :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
I am running Vogtland springs front and rear for about a 2" drop.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I have impala springs front and rear with 2" belltech drop spindles in front. 18" smoothies all around.

·
Registered
12,356 Posts
3 inch drop in the front with 26.8 inch tires. I did not measure the rear, but I am going to put 1 inch taller tires on the back. I may have to clamp the springs to get the look I want. If you are going to put shorter springs on the rear, weld some pipes on the upper spring perch to keep them from falling off every time you have to change a tire, or jack the car. FWIW, get a small scissors jack that will collapse to about 2 inches. You can then jack it high enough to get your stock jack under the frame for flat changing.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.