Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Early this spring, I patched a bunch of holes on the lower body of the wagon. Despite how it looks in the picture, the frame is full of holes and the floor had holes from front to back (fixed with fiberglass). Since the car will always be just a polished turd, i didnt want to pay to color match it so i decided to try raptor bed liner. I have to say, the stuff is awesome. Easy to spray, easy to prep, very little overspray and it covers imperfections incredibly well.

Since the wagon went so well I decided to paint my whole 96 rms. For context, the rms isnt nice either. I picked it up for 850 bucks probably 7 years ago and have since had to replace practically everything except the engine. It had been in an accident and the rear passenger quarter was caved in, the white paint was peeling, and it had lots of other dents and scratches. I had previously considered either wrapping it, or plastidipping it but this seemed like a much better option.

Total cost for all of the materials was probably around 700 dollars and I used 14 liters of liner. The trim grille and mirrors are just painted with rustoleum flat black. I probably wouldnt go this route on a nice car since its very permanent, but for making cheap beaters look better its a pretty good solution.

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
1,163 Posts
Nice!

I am considering doing something like this with my winter car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts