Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving yesterday came to a red light. and when I hit the gas the car went no where no movement so I turn the car off and start back up and it moved but slowly and that process lasted all of 6 hours what’s my issues...

During all that i found out my alternator is shot
I recently bought it and had to get freeze plugs replaced due to a leak
Changed the fuel filter
Car been sitting for at least 10 years

·
Registered
1993 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon
89 Posts
Car been sitting for at least 10 years
Did you do a full transmission fluid flush and filter change? 10 years is a loooong time for trans fluid to be sitting. There could be any number of lumps and bits in there that could block a hydraulic path to the torque converter, or even some sticking valve(s) in the valve body.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you do a full transmission fluid flush and filter change? 10 years is a loooong time for trans fluid to be sitting. There could be any number of lumps and bits in there that could block a hydraulic path to the torque converter, or even some sticking valve(s) in the valve body.

Yes I did a transmission flush and fuel filter change

·
Super Moderator
8,856 Posts
How many miles on the car?
Original transmission?
What city/state are you located in?

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
I have tried several Transmission Companies.
Best now is PerformaBuilt...
Mention my Name and things will go a bit quicker.

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
--> Exceptionally <-- good outcomes each time using Performabuilt. Alan and Frank is good guys.

I'm just in waiting for answers to sherlock-'s questions. Anything under 15X,XXX I wouldn't ASSUME it needs full rebuild. Absolutely positively first thing I'd be doing is 'borrowing' a pressure gauge from most any parts house to confirm pressure(s). Or not.

Reactions: Marky Dissod

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How many miles on the car?
Original transmission?
What city/state are you located in?
The motor was rebuilt he said less than 10000 miles on it and I don’t know about the transmission but it turned out to be the pump inside the transmission

1 - 7 of 7 Posts