B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It's a police package (9C1) Caprice that's been converted (with exterior trim parts) into a Impala SS. SEO 1T1 green silicone rubber hoses, certified speedo cluster and rear disc brakes (9C1 and Impala SS only) are the copcar items I could see in the photos. There's probably more I could pick out if I saw the car. The interior has been upgraded obviously, and nicely done.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What suprises me is that a lot of those cars have low milages over there.....

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
quote by: kdrolt
-------------------------------------------------
SEO 1T1 green silicone rubber hoses, certified speedo cluster and rear disc brakes (9C1 and Impala SS only) are the copcar items I could see in the photos.
Uh Imps only got the rear discs standard, and the Certified Speedo and Silicone GREENIEs were 9c-1 only (unless you special ordered an Imp with them)

Looks more like someone wandered over to our site and preformed the mods/ or he could have had it imported like that, truthfully though the only things Imp related would be the trunk badge and the grille. Everything else is 9C-1 Caprice or Standard Roady....

Hmmm let see they have clean versions of our cars over there

They are smoker friendly and they have some serious Honeys over there
Hmmm Looks like I'm moving to Holland :D

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Caprice Freak:
Now this next link shows a very unique 95 Caprice with some amazing weird interior...Is it a fully Roadmaster interior?
Yes.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Yada yada Huh??:
[QB] ....
Uh Imps only got the rear discs, and the Certified Speedo and Silicone GREENIEs were 9c-1 only (unless you special ordered an Imp with them)
Wrong. As I said already, Impala SS and 9C1 Caprice all got rear (and front) disc brakes.

I know of zero Impala SS's that were factory ordered with the U11 certified cluster or the 1T1 hose package. They're easy add-ons but I have yet to see a SPID that shows that they were factory-ordered in the manner you describe. The Impala SS dealer brochures did not show them as orderable options, so the only way someone could have done that was if:

1) the buyer knew about the police 9C1 parts, and the ordering codes for each item (U11 and 1T1), AND

B) they would have needed the dealer to special order the car with non-standard and non-optional parts (for WX3 Impala SS).

Not impossible (especially if you lived in TX and had connection at the Arlington TX factory), but also highly unlikely.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It seems that he has heavily shopped on Ebay. That's what I do when I need parts or other stuff.

I got the green sillicone hoses through a buddy of mine here on the forum. Just need to install them.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
quote:
Wrong. As I said already, Impala SS and 9C1 Caprice all got rear (and front) disc brakes
Uh again wrong all 9c-1 Caprices had rear drums as a standard option as with the L-99, both the Rear discs and LT-1's were options

http://www.9c1.com/brochures/1994/94_9c1.pdf
http://www.9c1.com/brochures/1995/95_9c1.pdf
http://www.9c1.com/brochures/1996/96_9c1.pdf

If not then I guess 9c1.com has the wrong info posted for all of those years.

quote:
I know of zero Impala SS's that were factory ordered with the U11 certified cluster or the 1T1 hose package. They're easy add-ons but I have yet to see a SPID that shows that they were factory-ordered in the manner you describe. The Impala SS dealer brochures did not show them as orderable options, so the only way someone could have done that was if:

1) the buyer knew about the police 9C1 parts, and the ordering codes for each item (U11 and 1T1), AND

B) they would have needed the dealer to special order the car with non-standard and non-optional parts (for WX3 Impala SS).

Not impossible (especially if you lived in TX and had connection at the Arlington TX factory), but also highly unlikely.
-----------------------------------------------
I have talk to local Troopers and afew others that I have met over the net that specially ordered their Imps for Police Duty, couldn't tell you if they had the certified gauges but they did specially order them with the Greenies/electrical connections for AUX lights/etc..

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yada Yada - You are wrong. I did not even hit the link you reference, because if I did it would not change the fact that *ALL* 94 -96 9C1's came with rear discs. Period.
Also, I saw in another post where you infer the cluster speaks differently with the pcm w/ regard to obd1/2. Wrong. All 94-96 clusters (with the exception of the 96 Impala clusters) are *INTERCHANGEABLE*. The 96 is wired different to use a tach (4 cylinder at that!)There is *no* data bus/ what-not going from the pcm to the cluster that the pcm has to talk with. It's all analog, and as I said- *interchangeable*.
Don't know what problems you ran into with a cluster, but it had nothing to do with obd 1/2.

I *highly* doubt a WX3 came with the greenies. Plenty of people have switched, but show 1 spid sticker with those, and you would leave plenty of people slack jawed.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
orig. posted by: bbodyguy
Yada Yada - You are wrong. I did not even hit the link you reference, because if I did it would not change the fact that *ALL* 94 -96 9C1's came with rear discs. Period.
Also, I saw in another post where you infer the cluster speaks differently with the pcm w/ regard to obd1/2. Wrong. All 94-96 clusters (with the exception of the 96 Impala clusters) are *INTERCHANGEABLE*. The 96 is wired different to use a tach (4 cylinder at that!)There is *no* data bus/ what-not going from the pcm to the cluster that the pcm has to talk with. It's all analog, and as I said- *interchangeable*.
Don't know what problems you ran into with a cluster, but it had nothing to do with obd 1/2.

I *highly* doubt a WX3 came with the greenies. Plenty of people have switched, but show 1 spid sticker with those, and you would leave plenty of people slack jawed.
Wow congrats you are a part of the select few members that decide they like to talk out there aSSes even when proof is put in front of them :rolleyes:

Whatever You say Roscoe cause you must be right!!!

My sincerest appologies to you Caprice Freak, for the distraction of your original post..

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
quote:
Wrong. As I said already, Impala SS and 9C1 Caprice all got rear (and front) disc brakes
Uh again wrong all 9c-1 Caprices had rear drums as a standard option as with the L-99, both the Rear discs and LT-1's were options

http://www.9c1.com/brochures/1994/94_9c1.pdf
http://www.9c1.com/brochures/1995/95_9c1.pdf
http://www.9c1.com/brochures/1996/96_9c1.pdf
YOU are reading it wrong. The first page of each year shows standard Civi model Caprice equipment. The second page shows 9C1 equipment that may be in addition to or replace items on the standard Caprice. The 1994 9C1 specs say "Semi-metallic front and rear disc brake linings with larger rear wheel cylinders". That doesn't make any [email protected] sense. They added the "disc brake" part, but didn't delete the part about the wheel cylinders from 1993, when they DID have drums in the rear.
The 1995 and 1996 leave out the crap about the wheel cylinders. Anyway, if GM had ever made any '94-'96 9C1s with drum brakes, some [email protected]$$ department somewhere would have bought some. I, too, have NEVER seen one. I've only seen several thousand 9C1s in person, and owned a dozen or so. I've been to auction after auction after auction, each having anywhere from a few to dozens of 9C1s. This also goes back to the argument that they made some L99s with dual exhaust. I don't care what their marketing idiots printed, show me any of the following:

a) A 1994-1996 9C1 Caprice with factory rear drum brakes, as supported by a SPID tag.

b) A 1994-1996 9C1 Caprice with a factory L99 and factory dual exhaust, as supported by a SPID tag

c) A bona fide WX3 with factory silicon hoses as supported by the SPID tag.

I drawn a line in the sand... :D

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow, i see cars listed over there with as low as 10000 miles. What do they do there, just buy a Caprice and park it in front of the house so they can look at it???
I'm not that far from Sweden so i bookmarked the page, who knows what cars i can get over there.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
orig posted by: Spurt Reynolds aka VIN Guy
YOU are reading it wrong. The first page of each year shows standard Civi model Caprice equipment. The second page shows 9C1 equipment that may be in addition to or replace items on the standard Caprice. The 1994 9C1 specs say "Semi-metallic front and rear disc brake linings with larger rear wheel cylinders". That doesn't make any [email protected] sense. They added the "disc brake" part, but didn't delete the part about the wheel cylinders from 1993, when they DID have drums in the rear. The 1995 and 1996 leave out the crap about the wheel cylinders. Anyway, if GM had ever made any '94-'96 9C1s with drum brakes, some [email protected]$$ department somewhere would have bought some. I, too, have NEVER seen one. I've only seen several thousand 9C1s in person, and owned a dozen or so. I've been to auction after auction after auction, each having anywhere from a few to dozens of 9C1s. This also goes back to the argument that they made some L99s with dual exhaust. I don't care what their marketing idiots printed, show me any of the following:

a) A 1994-1996 9C1 Caprice with factory rear drum brakes, as supported by a SPID tag.

b) A 1994-1996 9C1 Caprice with a factory L99 and factory dual exhaust, as supported by a SPID tag

c) A bona fide WX3 with factory silicon hoses as supported by the SPID tag.

I drawn a line in the sand... :D
I admit that I may have phrased or worded my last post alittle incorrectly.

A)If drum brakes weren't offered in 9c-1 form, than I would have to ask how a 9c1 with the Towing Package be available :confused: As far as I have heard, at the time our cars were available, disc brakes weren't up to proper safety standards to be offered with the towing package.

Before you say that there was never 9c-1's available with the towing package, I now of 3-4 local Police Agencies(1-2 PD's and 2 Sheriff D's) that used 94-96 9c-1's(weren't allowed to use Civi-models)with the Towing package for use with the various Motor-cycle/PWC's(Inflatable Zodiac boats/Jet-ski/Bombardier watercraft)trailers. Those 9c-1's were also required to be full-service ready, if extra/replacement vehicles were necessary.

If I am able to find acouple of pictures I have of a 95/96 fully marked Pierce County 9c-1 towing an inflatable Zodiac watercraft, I will gladly post..

B) :confused: Never said their was an L-99 with factory dual exhaust, unless you are reffering to my phrasing/wording mistake above.

C) As for an Impala with factory ordered silicone hoses(and possible other SEO parts), I would gladly post the required proof but the Troopers I was reffering to have long since retired and I have noway of contacting them(as with the officers I met online)

Looks like I am somewhat swaying on the line you drew in the sand

Quote: NL.Caprice
Proud European owner of 9 b-body's, 91-96 4.3/5.0/5.7 engines
:eek:
Wow another true B-body owner DANG
Do you have a pic of your various B-bodies(besides your sig. pic), if so Please post!!!

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Impala SS didn't get the towing package; it was a non-option for the WX3. IIRC the wheels weren't rated for the excess load, and the springs were probably too soft (low rider springs). None of that would be true for the 9C1..

I don't know, nor have I looked to see, if the 9C1 could be purchased with towing package. IF they did, they would have gotten the mech cooling fan. The tranny and engine oil cooler would have already been installed (that's part of the towing package), and the rear disc brakes would have been more than adequate to handle the cooling for towing (better than the rear drums from the wagon).

I'm standing behind the same line in the sand as reported above. Most people here already knew that 9C1s got the same rear discs as the Impala SS. You didn't. Don't be so quick with your corrections until you're more sure of your facts.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I admit that I may have phrased or worded my last post alittle incorrectly.

A)If drum brakes weren't offered in 9c-1 form, than I would have to ask how a 9c1 with the Towing Package be available :confused: As far as I have heard, at the time our cars were available, disc brakes weren't up to proper safety standards to be offered with the towing package.

Before you say that there was never 9c-1's available with the towing package, I now of 3-4 local Police Agencies(1-2 PD's and 2 Sheriff D's) that used 94-96 9c-1's(weren't allowed to use Civi-models)with the Towing package for use with the various Motor-cycle/PWC's(Inflatable Zodiac boats/Jet-ski/Bombardier watercraft)trailers. Those 9c-1's were also required to be full-service ready, if extra/replacement vehicles were necessary.

If I am able to find acouple of pictures I have of a 95/96 fully marked Pierce County 9c-1 towing an inflatable Zodiac watercraft, I will gladly post..

B) :confused: Never said their was an L-99 with factory dual exhaust, unless you are reffering to my phrasing/wording mistake above.

C) As for an Impala with factory ordered silicone hoses(and possible other SEO parts), I would gladly post the required proof but the Troopers I was reffering to have long since retired and I have noway of contacting them(as with the officers I met online)

Looks like I am somewhat swaying on the line you drew in the sand
A) If you'll open up the 9C1 specs from the links above (I happended to look at the 1995s), you'll see under Regular Production Options that V92 - Trailering Package was not available (N/A) on a 9C1. Just because you've seen a 9C1 tow something doesn't mean it had the towing package.

B) That part was not anything to do with your post; sorry if it was taken that way. I wasn't claiming you said it. It's just another thing I've heard about 9C1s (L99 with factory dual exhaust) that I assert DID NOT HAPPEN. I just want someone to show me.

C) I still assert that an Impala SS NEVER got green silicon hoses or a certified speedo from the factory. It wasn't available to order that way. It's not like the '60s and early '70s, where if you knew the right person, or did a COPO (Central Office Production Order), you could get anything you wanted on a car as long as it would fit. Anything is possible, but I strongly believe that this case never happened.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
quote:
A) If you'll open up the 9C1 specs from the links above (I happended to look at the 1995s), you'll see under Regular Production Options that V92 - Trailering Package was not available (N/A) on a 9C1. Just because you've seen a 9C1 tow something doesn't mean it had the towing package.
------------------------------------------------
:confused: You're right looking at 94 and 96, it is listed but with Not Available next to it, and yeah 95 is not listed at all

I don't know what to tell you, I have never seen/heard the Depts I was reffering to ever being able to order or use anything that wasn't factory... It would be concidered a waste of money and wouldn't be allowed/tolerated.
I have family that were apart of afew of those Depts. so it is difficult not to know their restrictions

Most of the cars I have seen towing or towing capable, all looked factory with Mechcanical Fans/Green Hoses and drum rear brakes. I never paid attention to the SPID labels back then so again hard for me to say.

Quote:
C) I still assert that an Impala SS NEVER got green silicon hoses or a certified speedo from the factory. It wasn't available to order that way. It's not like the '60s and early '70s, where if you knew the right person, or did a COPO (Central Office Production Order), you could get anything you wanted on a car as long as it would fit. Anything is possible, but I strongly believe that this case never happened.
I understand what you are saying completely, but it is difficult to change someones opinion when they have seen different..

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
quote:
:confused: You're right looking at 94 and 96, it is listed but with Not Available next to it, and yeah 95 is not listed at all Most of the cars I have seen towing or towing capable, all looked factory with Mechcanical Fans/Green Hoses and drum rear brakes. I never paid attention to the SPID labels back then so again hard for me to say.

Quote:
I understand what you are saying completely, but it is difficult to change someones opinion when they have seen different..
Open the pdf file for 1995, and look at Regular Production Options. About 8th from the bottom, there's V92 - Trailering pkg - N/A

If you saw a mechanical fans, green hoses, and drum rear brakes on a 9C1, you were looking at a 1993!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
quote:
If you saw a mechanical fans, green hoses, and drum rear brakes on a 9C1, you were looking at a 1993!
Lol We can do many doughnuts over this

Depsite what people think, I do know the differences

The cars I saw with the accessories above were of the 94-96 yrs used by the Depts. I was reffering to.

94's- Share the same triangular quarter windows, front doors and mirrors as the 91-93 models, but they had the newer dash and door panels as the later 95-96 models.

95/96's share the same interiors as the prior 94's, but the exterior was modified with the re-radiused quarter glass similar(the same as)the 94 Impala quarter windows, they also recieved the upper door/a-pillar mounted mirrors.

The main reason why I was fascinated with these cars in particular was cause they had LT-1's and they were fitted with mechanical fans and towing equiptment

Those cars were in service until atleast 2000-2001, so I did see them frequent.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yada, I would be willing to bet you were looking at a B4U package. That came with the greenies, drums, and mech. fan. AKA as the taxi package.
Any caprice, IIRC, is rated for 5000 pound tow. The Impala, because of tire/rims is rated for 2K.
The fleetwood broughm was good for 7K!
I have never heard of a "tow" package in particular though, I may be out of the loop on it...
The 94 9C1 that I had was used by the Virgina fish/game and they towed something with it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts