Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want 2 flip downs screens in the ceiling will it work? I know theres a bracket where the dome light is but I want to put 2 screens. Over the head and behind the drivers seat and the same over the passenger seat for rear passengers. Do I just make a bracket the runs from one side of the ceiling to the other and just bolt the flip downs to them? or is there another option?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
you may want to trial fit them,I don't think you'll have enough room behind the front seats and the rear seats.(may be too close to viewer)
most flip downs that I've seen were between the front seats.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would have to agree with catdaddy on this. The monitors will be too close to the viewer for them to be able to watch them comfortably

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if its a thing of the screens being seen by outside passer-bys, you can get them in the headrests alot easier. just get some slip covers made to put over the headrests when the screens arent in use. get like caprice or the chevy symbol or whatever embroidered in them to to add some flare.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you can do it, Ive done it in a 91 Caprice.. hell, you can put three 13" flipdowns straight across if you want...

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What you do is mount mdf/wood squares to the center beam that is attached to the roof. Mount the wood to the beam, mount the screens to the wood. (Thats the short version)

If you need more in depth help, let me know :D

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Impholla:
What you do is mount mdf/wood squares to the center beam that is attached to the roof. Mount the wood to the beam, mount the screens to the wood. (Thats the short version)

If you need more in depth help, let me know :D
Yeah, please go more in depth. I understand you but I cant vision it. Maybe I need to tear downd the headliner to see how I can do this. Oh and what is mdf/wood? (mdf)?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts