Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone out there make a kit or something to change out the factory gray truck to black?

I have Hack's full trunk kit right now in gray to match the bottom and back of my current gray trunk, but he said he'll change me to black whenever I want to. I just want to get the rest of the trunk black first so it will all match.

Thanks for any info I can get on this.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
get some more black carpet at home depot. I did the whole interior of my astro van in it, headliner and all, looked killer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dye the current liner with carpet dye....figure on 3-4 spraycans of it to finish the carpet (you'll need multiple coats). Then, finish off with the 9C1 trunk mat on the bottom.

I did this, came out really nice.....and any grease stains in the trunk (I haul stuff, a lot
) don't show!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Randy, Randy, Randy....

I may have forgotten to tell you but I will recover the bottom of your trunk in black when you swap it out. <grin>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey hack,
what other colors can you do? also are you selling anything at 2K2?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well damn Hack, why didn't ya tell me that before? That will simplify a few things. :D

I can just use Ed's suggestion and dye the back piece.

Thanks.

Check your private messages.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You don't have to dye anything. We can recover is ALL.

I will be in St Louis but will just have the standard gray unless I get some reguests for black.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hack

Sooooo, you're saying that you can do the WHOLE trunk kit in black, if I'd order it that way? AWESOME

Im still looking for the perfect 9C1 (taking too long, if you ask me.....prolly cuz I want a 95, and nothing else!)

But, The first thing I want to do is the whole interior in BLACK as well as the trunk!

So it would be cool if we can order the kit in black!

I know Im babbling, but there are so many things that I already want to do to a car that I dont even own!

Lucas

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There are two options. You can drive to Austin and I can recover your existing trunk carpet in black or I can send you enought carpet to do it yourself. Ask Tully, he and Ed did his (I think). I Also reccomend the 9C1 mat, it looks bad ass with the black Trunk Kit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Actually HACK, but Tully and I are "can dyed" at this point
. Still have the carpet you sent, and it's STILL on that list of "crap I need to do to the car but can't seem to find the time to do it" :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.