Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2,090 Posts
214, im running sprints too and was wondering bout goin lower but what shocks are you using. Hawaii roads suck and the autozone shocks i have do too

· Registered
1,257 Posts
Try the good old method of heating them up ;)

How much lower do you possibly need with 20's and a 3" drop on a daily?? Only lower way would be bags.

· Registered
3,886 Posts
I ran clamped rear springs before,never had any issues. Its some what of a battle to get them clamped even.I highly recommend a spring compressor if you decide to go that rought.
I bought my clamps at oreilly auto parts(cheap,work fine).

· Registered
1,049 Posts
man just bag that b!tch lol.:D
but for real if you lower it more arent going to get some serious rub issue?cwm6cwm6 on a high drive way when your car has to tilt to one side not to mention what if your carring some of your homeboys in the car.

· Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is what it looks like when I turn out of my drive way right now so im sure it wont be much of an issue with it a little lower. I need the back to come down about another 1" or 1.5"

I have a spring compressor already.

· Registered
1,049 Posts
well to me it looks good.
but arent you known for cutting your springs to where you want your car to stand in its stance?or u just cant cut rear springs at all?

Ive seen a carpice on 24's at a food lion and that bitch was super low. i mean the wheels where basicly half way tucked in and it was not on air bags b/c he didnt lift that car up.it was on that muscle car look .

· Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Naw you cant cut the rears. I've done that before on an old cutlass I had before I put switches on it and when I would turn up steep inclines the springs would shift and pop out of alignment since there was no pig tail up top to keep them from moving. Didnt matter to me at the time cause that car was on 13's and would still roll with no springs in it. If the spring drops out on my imp im more than sure the wheel well will rest on top of the tire.

Old juiced up 87 cutty I had

trust me if there was a way for me to make a pig tail on top of them after I cut them I would do it.

· Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks....and I get very minimal rubbing. When someone is sitting on the passenger side when I turn to the right the right rear tire rubs the wheel well if the road I am turning on to has a high crown on it. Left side doesnt rub at all. The front left side is currently .5" lower than the front right side (will be fixing that soon) but I only get rubbing in the front on monster size dips in the road.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.