Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that have used Ice Shield for sound deadening does the smell ever go away?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Smell :confused:
I only had a little smell from cutting the ice shield and from the glue but I didn't smell after a few days. I'm doing my doors this week and I'll let you know about the smell.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've done one layer in the trunk, the back seat area, but have stopped there for now. It has cut the drone down some(drone still way too loud)and the car has a slight tar smell. I've been told the smell does go away, but I want to know how good the deadening gets. I got a 3' x 75' roll from a local roofing supply for $94.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use the stuff all the time at work, Yes it wil go away. slowly, but yes.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's good to know. I've had the ice shield in since Monday and it still has a faint smell of tar. One poster said that it took up to six weeks for the smell to go away.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finished the front doors Tuesday and by Wednesday I could still smell the tar but only because I knew it was there but today I tried to find a slight smell and was unable too.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The smell is still there for me. I did finish the floor of the car yesterday. How's the sound deadening for you?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did my entire trunk with a layer then a layer of insulation and it was a night and day difference. It sounds like a luxury car sound rather then an yugo. I only noticed the smell for a couple of days then it went away. Wasn't too strong though.

I also recommend doing the doors (sometimes it won't stick), floor, lower firewall, and stuffing carpet padding in the pillars and on the floor.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I also recommend doing the doors (sometimes it won't stick),
Take the peice your going to stick on, pull the backing, and take a heatgun/hair dryer to the adhesive side. You'll get one chance to stick it in the right spot.... :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts