Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so this weekend i'm going to be building a speaker box for my 95 Imp ss. I want to keep the spare tire in the trunk but also have a sub woofer enclosure on the side. I was wondering if anyone has ever built a speaker box on the either side of the trunk for one sub woofer. I'm imagining a 92-96 trunk kit but with the sub woofer cut out on the side rather than the center. All info is appreciated !! :) P.S. I plan on putting only one 12 inch speaker in the enclosure

·
Registered
39 Posts
i have built a system like the one you are talking about, sounds nice not the loudest but a clean sounding sq system look on youtube under 1mrclegg and check out my system.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's awesome that's exactly what I'm trying to do with my trunk! How did you come up with the dimensions for the boxes ? You have a blue print by boy chance ?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nope! sorry but all it is are pickup truck style boxes i had a shop make em for me they said it wouldnt sound right, but i proved them wrong, all you need is the measurements for the height, length, and depth, and i put a cover over the box so it looks complete. you can go with a deeper box for more bass,because there is alot of room in the quarter panel, you can even go fiberglass for max air space.

·
Registered
109 Posts
interested in this to about to build my own box and wanna keep
the spare.

anyone have any pics of there set up just a single 12 and spare

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I'm currently building a set up for two 10s while keeping the spare. Battery is also in the trunk and wanted to keep the other side for storing my cleaning products. So here is what I have come up with so far.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm currently building a set up for two 10s while keeping the spare. Battery is also in the trunk and wanted to keep the other side for storing my cleaning products. So here is what I have come up with so far.

yea I am planning on doing something similar except just gonna push the tire to one side and fit the one box next to it. those boxes you made are they ported? sealed ?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
On mine? False wall and one speaker box will have to be removed to get the spare out. No tools will be required to get the wall or box out though. I have never needed it and hope I never do but it will be there if I ever do.

·
Registered
109 Posts

how you putting the sub aimed up at the rear deck or towards the rear end?
as far as the size of box is that what the brand recommends or ...

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Subs will be facing the rear. I have two Kicker Comps that need 1-2.4 cubic foot per sub. They will face through a false wall. If you click the link in my sig for the trunk there are more pics.

·
Registered
109 Posts
just checked out your old trunk kit.
very nice work man

interested to see the final product of this next one.

so what are people using to hold all of this is in from moving around/shifting

I understand if you make a tight cut and kinda wedge it in could work

I was planning on making something like a false wall to be able to drill into for whatever I wanted to put against the inside panels any ideas?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
My side panels are held to the top by clamping to the drip rail of the trunk. Once the false wall is dropped in, it pushes the side panels out therefore locking them in place. Im thinking a couple of L brakets on the backside corner were the side panel meets the false wall with some wing nuts to hold the false wall in place. My old kit was held in by the same clamps on the side panels, two hidden screws for hinge covers, and industrial velcro held the rear wall in place. None of it ever moved, even when the right foot got a little heavy and pitched the car sideways. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts