Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want the best Quarter mile time but I drive the car daily. Would like to keep decent gas milage. I'v got 3:42 gears, 2800 edge, Tubular manifolds, PCMforeless coomputer.Now I have asearch and found many people don't like the hotcam and they say there are better cams for the q-mile. I need feed back from you guys that have the diff. cams and set up similar to mine.Right now my best 60' time was 1.80. I guess I need low ent torque but need top end pull.I will probably install new springs and 1.6 RR whin I do the cam. Your suggestions will be appreciated.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by SS ROCKS:
....What is the diff.between 503-845?
The 503 cam works best as a mild stroker cam while the 845 cam is much better suited for a stock bottom end.

If you intend to put a 503 cam in a 350, you'd need a set of very well ported heads and arguably and more gear........a bit more stall wouldn't hurt either.

KW

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Daily driver= Crane 227. Use a set of 1.5/1.6 split RR rockers and with your TC and gears it idle like stock and pull from 60 to 100 like a Freightliner on Steroids.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.