Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 83 4wd long bed truck. I got it off bond and im gonna hook it up a lil. kinds like that but black.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Damn! Did that thing get air-borne in every episode? Sure must have been convenient having all those mounds of dirt, cardboard box ramps, and empty semis around.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
My buddy had the box set and we borrowed it for a while. My 5 year old son says he wants to be Colt Seavers when he grows up. I loved that show when I was his age

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Info about the truck

Colt's truck was an early 1980s GMC 4x4 pickup. It had a 6-inch lift and 35-inch Dick Cepek off-road tires mounted on a 16-inch chrome wagon style wheel. The truck also had a custom-made chrome roll bar mounted with 4 off-road lights, and a custom chrome grille guard mounted with 2 off-road lights and a Warn winch. One unusual characteristic was a secret compartment in the truck's bed, which was used to stash away villains or to hide weapons.

The vehicle was painted brown and tan two-tone; it had an eagle painted on the hood with the phrase "Fall Guy Stuntman Association" underneath. The truck was very often involved in high-speed chases and huge jumps. As a result, it became very popular, especially with children, and numerous toy and model versions were produced.

During the show's run, the stunts took their toll on the trucks, so several different year model trucks are used during the show's initial run. As a result, there are some inconsistencies in the episodes. For instance, in the pilot episode the truck (a 1980 model) has two square headlights and a light tan interior. For the remainder of the series, it almost always had the quad headlight configuration of the 1981 and newer models, with a dark brown interior. The truck usually appeared to be a short bed model, but sometimes a long bed model was used. After destroying several trucks due to the huge jumps, a custom built jump truck was built as a solution. It had a reinforced frame and axles, and a mid-mounted engine. This greatly reduced the number of trucks scrapped during the show's production...

At the end of the series, the remaining trucks were either auctioned or given away in a contest. It is unknown how many still exist or their whereabouts, but one of them was sold on eBay in 2003

Pretty kool but I always thought it was a 4inch lift.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Very cool video comp, need to get those on DVD as I don't remember much of it. They got some serious air with those trucks and pulled off some nice landings.

Only crappy one was the rocket jump using the cheaply shot models.

Probably some of those trucks sitting around somewhere. I remember a mag article years back about a Mopar club getting two haulers full of Chargers from Warner Bros.

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
Damn! Did that thing get air-borne in every episode? Sure must have been convenient having all those mounds of dirt, cardboard box ramps, and empty semis around.
All those spare axles and tires too for when the jump didn't go according to plan cwm2

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea but some of those jumps were PERFECT. Even the landing was smooth.

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
Yea but some of those jumps were PERFECT. Even the landing was smooth.
True, but some of them the bumper kissed the ground at a pretty nasty angle. Still landed it though.

·
Registered
488 Posts
hey now,

imma gonna let you finish

but the the real reason to watch fall guy was the hot chick in it!

for some reason i always wanted to go to bed right after that was on.

dave

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
I'm not in my 30's but I remember this anyway. ;)

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
It was just one hauler of General Lees and there were 17 Sold in 1991. Lots have been written about it but the best written story is by a fellow named Keith Winfree. I have seen Five real lees and all of them are garbage compared to what you'd think they'd be. Still cool though. Sun Baked crappy paint jobs, hacked wiring spray painted GM saddle tan over gauges and windows. One of the cars on that hauler (the second from the back on top) was the general lee that they had bolted to the top of the sound stage as a billboard. It is possibly the oldest surviving general too as it is still sporting early Cali graphics and a small pushbar. The nicest general lee the one they used for most closeups is ontop of the semi cab. That car had the mirror moved forward on the door so John could get in and out with out knocking it off. Last I heard there were three or four different color oranges on that car.

http://pages.prodigy.net/tcwinfk/general.html

I remember the fall guy and it was an awesome corny 80's show. I only take one thing out of the description of the truck above. It was a long bed not a short box. You can see it in every truck in that video.

~HJ

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 41 Posts