Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
shocks, don't buy them! I'm on my third set, the first set had all the oil leak out of them and the second set had one freeze up, causing it to break off the lower mounting ears on the shock and bending my lower control arm!

They're sending me my third set, anyone interested in them? :D

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm currently intrested in lowering my ss but i'm not sure which is the best route to take. I was thinking of eibach springs but am not sure if i would need diffrent size shocks, any info or suggestions would help...

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I gave a big shout out warning 3 years ago and they are still taking peoples hard earned money!

Topic: Edelbrock ias shocks suck!
posted 10-19-2000 05:52 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
six months of lite driveing and the front drivers side is blown.
keep away from these shocks.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Leza'ss SS:
I'm currently intrested in lowering my ss but i'm not sure which is the best route to take. I was thinking of eibach springs but am not sure if i would need diffrent size shocks, any info or suggestions would help...
Dont go for the Eibachs. After a year or so the begin to sag. Do a search and you will find tons. Hotckis is good if you just want a minimal drop.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you need to get rid of them, drop me a line, I don't look any gift horse in the mouth, and I'm in need of shocks, any kind, good or bad, I've got the stockers on and I'm at 63k and Sprint Springs.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put a set of Edelbrock IAS shocks on about four months ago. Didn't know about this website then and assumed they would be fine. HATE THEM! They suck. Although they haven't blown out yet (sounds like they will soon though) the ride is horrible. They make you feel like you are in a pick-up truck ... THAT NEEDS NEW SHOCKS. Way stiff. As soon as I can I'm replacing them with HALs all the way around. Anyone interested in a cheap set with about 2,000 miles on them? I'll make you a deal you can't refuse ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts