Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a clifford alarm, it has the remote door unlock,. and unlocks the tailgate on my 95 caprice wagon,.
Is there a way to stop it from locking the doors the moment the ignition is switched on??
3 times now i've started the car and shut the door with the keys in it! aaargh!!(slow learner too i guess)
I know nothing of alarms or stereo's very much, so any help would be appreciated,.
owners manual doesn't say anything about programming this feature out/off.
Thanks eh?
nick

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yes, the alarm can be programmed to not automatically lock the doors when the ignition is switched on. Check around at a few alarm install places.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What model Clifford?

Do you know where the valet switch is located?

Give me some info, and I will try to help you get that lock w/ ignition turned off

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sean its an arrow2?? the valet sw is under the dash,. but the factory manual doesn't give me a code for turning off the door lock with ign on,.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The valet switch is a small micro toggle at the bottom of the dash. If it's switched on, the led light shows red, but everything still functions the same??
nick

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK after talking to a very knowledgeable Clifford tech, he says the Arrow 2 had some bad software and that you can not turn it off.

This is a viable solution........
But I recommend just getting another alarm installed. Won't be too hard now, you already have all of the wires identified.

If all else fails, you could probably use a relay to prevent the alarm from locking the doors whenever the car is on.

85: ignition
86: ground
87: not used
-----CUT THE LOCK WIRE COMING FROM ALARM BRAIN---
87a: one side of the cut wire
30: other side of the cut wire

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks sean,. just to recap,.
hang another relay under there,. power and ground it, then cut the lock wire? (is there just one?)
and 1 side to the 87a post, and the other side to the 30 post.
I will try that tomorrow,.soo,.. as you turn on the ignition,. it interrupts the lock signal?
then when the ign is off, the remote will still function..
did i understand that right?
Thanks for your time sean,.
if i were to upgrade, whats a 'good' bang for the buck as far as alarms, can i get one that also has the remote start part of it?
thanks eh?
nick

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I do believe you've got it! Just make sure you power it from ignition otherwise it makes no difference.

Just make an upgrade to something more current. Directed Electronics is my suggestion. I also recommend Audiovox Prestige line alarms at the shop. I've been told that Scytek has some good stuff, but I have never used them(I would, but they never responded to my inquiry). If you don't mind spending all day under the dash, then Compustar is nice too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i just got around to this.... but the viper 560xv and 790xv are both real good alarms... also packed full of features, like keyless entry remote start, ignition control door locks(but they dont lock the door if it is open) and all the features can be programmed off or on as you see fit, without a bitwriter, only things that must use the bitwriter for are programing the same remote to multiple cars, and to set the times for the remote start to a specific minute and a couple other things. but best bang for buck... hands down viper, a dei product.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I heard the Clifford RSX 3.5 is one of the top of the line one out there. It will start the car, poo the trunk, ect, and also pages you up to a 1/4 mile in an event of an entry on your remote, and tells you if the doors, trunk or hood were intruded. Do a web search. I have seen them new on ebay for around 250 bucks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.