Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on putting NO2 in my car, and am in the process of getting the parts. I don't plan on using over 100hp shot (more like 75hp)

I have read up ignition retard timing, and they do not reccomend any retard for anything below 100hp. Can I stick with the stock ignition system, or should I put an aftermarket with a retard in just to be on the safe side? :confused:

Also, if I do have to upgrade the ignition, what are the best ones on the market beside MSD (I have heard bad things about them)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you want an all in one solution buy the Mallory VI, part #685 which includes a window switch and adjustable retard alone with 2 rev limiters.
$219 on Summitracing
No external boxes required and allows you to do everything in one setup.
Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's an incredible bargain. I wish I'd seen that before I bought the Accel unit. The Accel 300 unit has an add-on module, the 375, that adds the retard and window switch. Of course, it also comes with a remote module so you can adjust it from inside the car; all for about double the Mallory unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.