Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an eaton posi on ebay, i have 3.73 gears ready for install with a PCM Flash. Will definatley run to the track after.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Cool... Did you get a good deal? I think I paid like 700 for my eaton and gears and master install kit plus the additive...

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was around $300.00 shipped NEW Eaton posi, I think I bought the gears a few months ago new from MOTIVE for about $110.00 bucks. I will have to buy the additive and master install kit. Not to bad I guess. Im trying to decide on the rear shocks what im going to use.

What would tighten up the front end? New Monroe Severe service shocks, 9c1 springs, is the FE2 sway bar that good? Im not looking into spending alot of money or changing major parts like the control arm in the front.

But, since the rear is being dropped I figured may as well take care of the shocks, springs and possibly control arms.

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the club! Gears/Posi is what I plan to do next.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The monroe ss shocks are great! I went with those and impala ss spring and and f body front swaybar. To do the posi the whole rear doesnt have to come down just the cover has to come off

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I never realized how stiff my Bilsteins are until yesterday when I drove my car and then my Dad's 2002 Cadillac DHS back to back...

If you don't like stiff, don't get the Bilsteins.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im still using the Edelbrock Performer series shocks, and their amazing!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would think your already dipping in the 14's. I did so with just Intake(no shield), 215 catback, valve springs, and airlifts. oh yea, and an auto-rx treatment... infact, the stuff was in there while I was racing. I even did this on crappy stock 150k plugs. :eek: When I changed them, the car ran much smoother.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll be well into the 14s once I get my rockers, springs, posi, and gears in. I can't wait.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts